Page 6 of 183 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: RST1000 Futura Photo Gallery

Bef,

You should see it now. I have indulged in a little more tarting up since my failed experiment in Falco bouncing about a month after that picture was taken.

I am still trying to get over how the upper fairing which is only a piece of painted moulded plastic can cost 505.

Moral to the story. Keep it upright.

Watched "Top 10 Bikes - sports tourers" on Men and Motors tonight. What crap!! They placed the Fut 9th on a list of 10. The thing that lost it marks seemed to be "Its ugly". How can that subjective judgement be so significant? In all other espects it scored very well. If you are after a sports tourer that is comfortable, well built and with good performance and protection and you select the Futura, surely, in your subjective judgement that looks of the bike are fine. Therefore that consideration is largely irrelevant.

Anyway, I have never thought it ugly. It has a different look to it, but different does not necessarily = ugly. My only criticism of it is the colours. The red is nice, the blue and silver (metallic GREY) are just plain frumpy and the black is dull, but in a classy sort of way. The thing just needs to be painted yellow.

My only criticism of it is the colours. The red is nice, the blue and silver (metallic GREY) are just plain frumpy and the black is dull, but in a classy sort of way. The thing just needs to be painted yellow.
    ROFLMAO!! Your words, not mine.
    Not wanting to derail this thread, I now know two owners of the "2004" colour bikes who actually don't like the colour of their bike at all. Methinks a cheapo paint shop can collect...

Mike, didn't know that. So we weren't the first with our baffles then. They also go in the front of the can. I don't have them myself.
    A mate has a TL with straight-throughs. My Falco was louder. My Futura's louder still I think. Hard to tell because the windscreen amplifies the sound for the rider.
    Last edited by Befbever; 01-10-2004 at 02:39 AM.

Originally posted by IsleFalco
    I was just getting you pannier lovers going.

I have to admit being quite taken with Rob's Fut on our trip last year. If only they did it in a decent colour....

By the way Rob, go for the respray, you know it makes sense!
    Sorry Mike - I like yellow! Saves changing my riding gear. Anyway, resprays are out of the question at the moment - driving the car is heading me for a nervous breakdown or jail for assault with a deadly weapon (the car). It's reminded me why I use a bike instead of a car

Switzerland, near Italian Border

Rented a Futura in 01 for a trip in Europe

Skyline Drive / Blue Ridge Parkway 02

Where in Europe?

Brian777, where in Europe was that shot taken?

(I know, I know, it could any of a million places, just go to the Alps and ride, eh?)
    paul
    '01 Flame Red RST
    '07 Tuono
    Economics Crash Course - check it out. Please.

Map of Switzerland

Link to map

In the lower right middle of the screen near the border of Italy you will see the city "Creton" It was right across the border into Switzerland from there.

I tried to cross over to France from Italy in the tunnel under Mont Blanc. I found out there was some sort of huge and well publicized explosion in the tunnel. Nevertheless it was closed for years to come. I remember going over the border into Chamonix. Then I wend back and stayed in a Hotel in Aosta, Italy. I am nearly certain it was the road that goes north from Aosta.

Just ride Austria, Switzerland and Northern Italy, "Itza velly nice-a".... Look at the maps of the rides given by major tour operators and then just ride them yourself!....

Brian

Mont Blanc

Here is one near Mont Blanc....

apriliaforum expert

Compliments to all...

Those scenic shots are incredible, especially those in the alps. Of course the Flame Red bike shots are particularly nice.

But one question- How does one make their bike look like it's just come out of the detail shop when on a trip? Here in Texas mine looks like crap by midday due to bugsplatters and dust.
    John

Scot & Switzerland (Scoterland) add Spain to that
    Brian777.......If its Aosta to Martigny it will be the Great St. Bernhard Pass........Did it last year as per 2003 Tour
    Attached Images Attached Images  

But one question- How does one make their bike look like it's just come out of the detail shop when on a trip? Here in Texas mine looks like crap by midday due to bugsplatters and dust.
    That's because of the sheer speed of the red ones. The other ones are slow enough to avoid the bugs.

Bef.
    Gracefully forgetting the pristine condition of the red ones in the pics....

apriliaforum expert Prilliant03's Avatar
    This is my mate Derek with his '03 Futura, code name "Mother's little Worry." He doesn't have his PC set up at the minute so I agreed to post for him.

Oh and the dog is called Amber and she loves bikes and bikers. What a girl!!!
    "Life is like a sewer. You only get out of it what you put in."

Tom Lehrer.

apriliaforum expert Prilliant03's Avatar
    .....and from the rear with his lovely new Staintunes. H Pipe to follow and one of Bef's lovely plate relocators.
    "Life is like a sewer. You only get out of it what you put in."

Tom Lehrer.

apriliaforum prov-nov

Cool new wheel color - opinions???

I just got the wheels powdercoated. The color was a bit drastic at first, but it brings out the excellent spoke design.

Give me your input.

ant.

ride safe.

Wheels

Hmmm, I kinda like it, though I'd be a sucker for an OZish blue, if that were possible...
    paul
    '01 Flame Red RST
    '07 Tuono
    Economics Crash Course - check it out. Please.

Page 6 of 183 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast