Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: RST1000 Futura Photo Gallery

apriliaforum prov-nov fcaprilia's Avatar

One more

Could not resist posting this picture with my son.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum newb
    This is on Rabbit Ears Pass near Steamboat Springs, Colorado. That's a bag of golf clubs strapped on the back for a quick trip to Steamboat from Denver one day last summer - a great trip!

apriliaforum newb
    Bike photos from my trip in March 03 across Australia to the Superbike round at Philip Island, about 7,500kms round trip, took about a fortnight.
    Pics are scanned prints so not top quality.
    Top left - sign says "high risk motorcycle area", popular weekend riding area east of Melbourne, Victoria.
    Top right - 3 Futuras at Philip Island, Victoria, mine's the stylish blue one, the 2 red ones just happened to be in the photo!.
    Lower left - Close to the edge, the bikes about 10m from a 100m cliff, on the Great Australian Bight.
    Lower right - another view of the Great Australian Bight. I rode 300m down this walking track to get a photo of the bike and the Southern Ocean, not knowing what was at the other end. Took a 16 point turn to get the bike turned around.

Best shots I have right now...most of my mods cannot be seen, but they are there, trust me, they are there!!

Marc

What's with the zzr bit? Your not an interloper are you.
    Brian

[ZZR1400 190bhp, Baglux tank cover, 14.4v charging,ABS,TomTom GPS, double bubble, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips, permanant grin, fluffy dice ]

apriliaforum expert
    Marc, I remember you saying that the GPS mount is a Saeng item.

I have been looking into buying one and having it imported from the states.

Is yours the Boss-Pro which fits into the vacant mirror stem in the clutch resovoir ? Is it worth the cash ? it's a fair bit more than an equivalant item.

This is a bit OT, if you want to mail me:

m i k e . h u m p h r e y s @ d i g e r a t i . m e . u k

IB12, I used the ZZR site to host my pics, I have no other place to host them so I can show them here. I owned a ZZR1200 before the Aprilia, hence why I am a member at both sites.

Mike, I will email you...

gotta do it!

wa_pete,

Australia has always been on my list of need to go places, but I am know cursing you for making it another need to go place on two wheels! Although the picture quality of the scans you posted is less than pretty, it still captures some of the amazing scenery that you have over on that side of the planet! If you are ever able to get a more quality scan, be sure to IM me and send it over!

xbmwrider,

I made that trip numerous times this past summer thanks to an unplanned round of layoffs. I still consider mid-to-northern Vermont my favorite places to ride. My most memorable ride up this summer was with a friend who rides your ex-brand. He lives in MA and I called and said lets go to Burlington for lunch tomorrow, he thought I meant Burlington, MA which was about 20 min. ride for him. We had an amazing day and the best weather one could ever want. That was a 680 mile day for me and somehow I still went to bed wanting to ride more!
    Some days you are the bug...
    Some days you are the windshiled...

Podpeeze,

Are they Zorstec Pipes? If so where did you get em' and how much? Who did your wheels?

As you've probably guessed your bike has really taken my eye and I think it looks awesome!! Well Done.

Cheers in advance - Stu.

NEED HELP!

My bike sure is pretty, but very unsteady at any speed above zero.

Any advice?
    paul
    '01 Flame Red RST
    '07 Tuono
    Economics Crash Course - check it out. Please.

Help?

My bike sure is pretty, but very unsteady at any speed above zero.
    Yes Paul. You will need for this two lengths of string and an ejector seat system that you may be able to purchase from your local USAF dealer.
    Attach new seat to rear subframe and remember to read the instructions carefully. Then attach the string to each side of the handlebars and loop thru 'front' grabrails. Find a long downhill slope and position the bike at the top. You may need a friend to help steady the bike. With the engine in neutral (selecting a gear may have an adverse effect) launch the bike in the general direction of the hill. Control your descent with the rear brake and enjoy the ride! Shortly after the start of your journey you may use the ejector seat to lift you to safety.
    Oh, and PLEASE video the whole thing for us to see.
    Well you asked!

Stu, yes they are zorstecs and I got them s/h from an ex Fut owner for considerably less than he paid for them. The rims I did myself with Nitromors and lots of Autosol!!

Jon

Cape Conran on the SE Victorian coast on the way to Phillip Island in October. Bass Straight in the back ground. On a clear day you can see Tasmania (not!).

Bugger! Thought the photo would come out bigger than that. What is the optimum size for posted pics? This was 320x240.
    Last edited by phils-RST; 12-29-2003 at 12:38 AM.
    '01 Flame Red RST (deceased)
    '02 Flame Red RST - Staintunes, 05 map, RSV air box snorkel, heated grips, Skidmarx CF hugger (alive and kicking)

apriliaforum Junkie
    This is the first Futura after my low-side on the Cherohola Skyway this past Sept. No damage visible except for the one piece of duct tape over the headlight (all of the damage was confined to the right side). I don't have a pic of my new Silver Fut yet, but will post when I get one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	badger_gap.jpg 
Views:	5152 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	5160  

apriliaforum prov-nov
    my bike in Canada Eh!

Re: gotta do it!

Originally posted by roadrage
    wa_pete,

Australia has always been on my list of need to go places, but I am know cursing you for making it another need to go place on two wheels! Although the picture quality of the scans you posted is less than pretty, it still captures some of the amazing scenery that you have over on that side of the planet! If you are ever able to get a more quality scan, be sure to IM me and send it over!

xbmwrider,
    The Northern California coast looks very simular to the pictures of Austrailia in the post above. You might consider a trip to Northern California in the Spring (April - June) - Everything is green and the weather is mild during that time of year. There is a ton of riding here - We have the dramatic costal routes, Lake Tahoe, Mount Shasta (a dormant volcano), and the High Sierra mountain range.

An ideal time for a trip to Nor Cal is during the AMA Super Bike Week at Infineon Raceway (mid May), in Napa Valley. During that week there are several free group rides through the wine country and along Hwy 1 - The rides are lead by the folks from RKA Motorcycle Luggage. You could spend the entire week and visit Yosemite, Big Sur, and the Napa Valley.
    03' Aprilia RST1000 Futura
    (Mica Gray - Custom Paint)

Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast