Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to Replace the In Tank Fuel Line

apriliaforum newb

Is idle too slow

Quote Originally Posted by kfreed View Post
    Got it!
    Red goes to 3, black goes to 2.

The fix didn't help my low (600-800) rpm idling and stall. Bike runs fine other than that.
    Short of squirting carburetor cleaner down the airbox - anybody have any other ideas?
    Bite is a 2003 Scarabeo 500 with 40.4K miles.

Thanks, - Ken
    Hi, just curious, but will your machine actually idle at 6-800 rpm..?

My mp3 500 is set to idle at 1500 rpm. but that is what's shown in the manual

Good luck............r

apriliaforum newb
    Could it be that 6-800 may be too slow an idle speed.........?

Only reason I suggest this is because the manual for my MP3 500 calls out for 1500 rpm, and that is what it idles at...........!

I believe we have the same basic motor.!! But could be very wrong.

apriliaforum Member

Low S500 Idle Speed

Yes, that's corect. The bike ran at the proper idle speed of 1200-1500 rppm for years. Then one day (after 2-3 weeks of just sitting in the garage with a low gas tank level) earlier this winter, I started it up and the the idle speed was only 800 rpm.

Naturally - I replaced the high pressure fuel injection line, figuring a loose clamp or cracking - but it looked fine (I replaced it anyway as long as I had the bike apart).

Ed at AF1 suggested some fuel injector cleaner. Am going to try this next.

apriliaforum newb
    Good idea with the fuel injector cleaner.

As for a choice of gasoline, I've settled on Chevron which is the only gas company in my area that doesn't dope their fuel with ethanol, well maybe Texaco also. Maybe check them out as I believe they add (or claim to add) Techron - a fuel injector cleaner in with the fuel.

I recently purchased a bottle of Techron from my local auto store and having been using it with every tankful.

Does it work as advertised...........Who knows? Just makes me feel I am doing something right....

apriliaforum expert
    So recently We filled the 150-S500 up at a place I shouldnt have Imed the 150 started running badly within minutes I knew wht Twas. Added Fuel dryer Maybe 2 oz's and went on The S500 on the other hand after this same fill up same pump it has dropped 300 rpm off idle from 1300 to 1000 or maybe 900 and doesnt like it and will stall at every second stop or third between the 800-1300 adding throttle seemingly Bogs engine Dwn it'll clear above 1600 or so .. So now i had 4.5 gal of fuel in the S so I drove out 1/2 the tank added water dryer Added Hi test to basically fill it and am almost at 1/2 tank again Still faltering at Idle Sputtering as before between the 800-1600 The prev. Owner saidc the fuel line Had been Done but i am beginning to wonder Maybe they just added clamps to the intank hose ? Before this Fill up the Bike has always Idled and Run Perfectly almost to perfectly

apriliaforum expert
    The factory Fuel lines actually good stuff its Tygon tubing the use it in weed eaters and other small engines usually takes years of cycling from wet to dry to mess up this stuff whats causing the splits and general nonsense is the ange of the bend in the tubing when installed I adjusted the tubing trimmed it and reattached this piece is about a few months old maybe a year and still very flexible / pliable Needless to say this is Not my poor running prob onto spark plug and coil wire etc Fuel smells fresh Maybe seat pan off and clean / look at TB... Yeesh

apriliaforum expert
    On a S500 or EFI setup I dont see an Idle adjustment its all Auto i believe You can adjust the throttle plate stop but thats not Idle and adjusting can screw up the progression phase or move it out of time /sync that adj. keeps the brass plate from gouging the alum bore

apriliaforum expert
    great illustrations .thank you .

apriliaforum newb
    This is in REPLY to the fuel line recall for a 2007 Beo 500ie.: Well, had the San Diego dealer do this "recall' and they "crimped" the fuel pump seal, so that it leaked. I didn't notice that until I filled it the first time, and gas came gushing off the bottom of the gas tank. I then took it to the local dealer here in LA, and said is leaking. They took it apart, said didn't see anything, no leaks anywhere, and I had just over-filled it. Oooops, my bad. But I asked them to "fill it" w gas, and guess what? I wasn't so stupid after all. When filled, it came gushing out - this time on their floor.
    So the tech went back in, and this time, FOUND THE LEAK. The crimped seal re-seated, and no more leaks. Eureka!!!!! I tried to tell them, but I was the putz, and they were the techs .....

apriliaforum newb
    Well done. Now that the recall for this fix has been documented for Aprilia dealers, my stored 2007 Scarabeo 500ie that I bought new a month ago in 2014 was updated by the Service Department of the San Diego dealer. They got a fold into the fuel pump seal when replacing, so it poured gas when I filled it. But they had the local Thousand Oaks dealer try again, and they got I right. Runs like a top!! So fun..

How to Replace the In Tank Fuel Line

Can anyone advise me the symptoms can be overheating or no !!!!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Julio B
    Hi , new to the forum , just bought a 2009 aprilia 500 scarabeo, and was wondering if this problem exist in all year models/
    thanks, and love this forum
    Ken

apriliaforum expert
    Your 2009 Beo 500ie should be OK. I've got a 2007, a 2008, and a 2010.

Only the 2007 one had this problem.

If you don't notice a problem, such as a rough idle in hot weather, I would not worry.

Vernon

apriliaforum expert
    all these 460 or 500 singles W /EFI use a toyoda corolla pump 40 bux most anywhere. its what went in my 2006S and my 2002 corolla has 400K on original efi pump ive owned the corolla all but 50K miles of the 400K my Dad had the first 50K.. I did have a split line in tank replaced all the mess. Gates local parts..now its a parts bike all that efi stuffs perfect..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234