Thread: Any Riders in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area???

apriliaforum newb

Any Riders in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area???

Just looking for some fellow riders, any of you interested in meeting up? I saw another RSV on the side of the highway on the way to work about a week ago... anyway.... if anybody knows of any events or meets in the area hit me up thanks!

Tuesdays - Blue Goose off Beltline in Addison. Mature crowd, good mexican food.

Thursdays - Sonic off Northwest Hwy North of 635. Much less mature crowd and it's Sonic food.

I rarely ride on the street these days, most of mine is done at race weekends or track days.

look into the TSBA: bbs.tsba.org
    --
    Ronnie

I am just west of Fort Worth. I don't do the bike night thing. Mostly Sunday rides or weekend trips to the Hill Country. What part of town are you in? I ride with these guys every now and then: www.tsba.org Also these guys once, but they usually start in Dallas: http://txsbr.com/
    Chris

apriliaforum newb
    I live in Mansfield which is pretty close to Ft Worth, my room mate/cousin has a Ducati Monster so we have just been looking for some other guys that like to go out for the occasional cruise. PM me if you want to meet up sometime

The FTW TSBA guys usually meet at McD's on Sublett & 287. Sunday rides usually leave at 9. I will let you know when I am going next.
    Chris

I'm in Grapevine and up for a ride anytime, just drop me a PM...

AMI
    2004 Futura - Silver - bought from AF1
    05 Map; de-restricted; BEF full system w/ AF1 tune; PCIII; Wiring Mod; Metal Fuel Disconnect; Marsee tank bag

Hey... I ride with the dfwsbr guys all the time. We meet for dinners every thursday night and in Lucas for a ride every sunday morning. LONG way for a ride for you, but would love to meet you. There are me and Speedtres (Paul) that ride Aprilias plus a smattering of just about everything else. The DFWSBR guys all are strict about wearing proper gear and not acting an idiot, but that said, we will have a very spirited ride. I know alot of the TSBA guys and have ridden with alot of them. If you ever get a chance to go to the Shriners cone obstacle course that Mitch and them do, GO... it is a frigging blast. Any body in the DFW that wants to ride, just PM me or email me at dta76114@aol.com We are also planning a trip to Deals gap in August if anyone wants to come along.
    We enter this life with a pot empty of experiences and full of luck..

My goal is to overflow the pot with experiences before it's empty of luck....

http://www.myspace.com/froggietravelstheworld

00 RSVR- my favorite bike....ever.
    01 Falco- specifically set up for 2-up riding with Ohlins front and special built Penske rear.

apriliaforum newb
    OK awesome thanks for the feedback everyone, and DTA I'm going on a ride with a bunch of guys tomorrow so I'm wondering if thats the group you ride with...I have no idea of any details yet but kind of a heard it through the grapevine type thing...the guy thats fixing our roof happens to ride and happens to live in the neighborhood next to mine.... got the invite from him. So if that is your group or if anyone here will be there I'll be the guy on the silver RSVR!

Where were you when you saw the silver RSVR? I ride occasionally with someone up north in the McKinney area who has one. I think there was one in Allen but I believe he sold his. He rode with TXSBA.
    It is better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than vice versa.

Cool

Well...I used to ride a Tuono (deer encounter - messed up my bike, fixed it, sold it) and I'm in the DFW area too. I ride mostly with the TSBA out of Dallas. There is also a FTW chapter as noted earlier.

I now ride a BMW R1200S, or my RC51. We had 2 other Aprilia boys in Dallas TSBA, but one sold his...still have one around.

We have regular Sunday rides, but check the board each week for Dallas and FTW before heading over. Sometimes we ride together, or out of town (AR!).
    Ben H.

apriliaforum newb
    The Aprilia I saw was on an early morning ride to work prob around 7 am weekday... on loop 12 headed north... he was stopped on the shoulder...was probably an '02 or so...it was red I think.. I revved the motor at him..not sure if he heard or not

I used to ride with the Killeen chapter of the TSBA! Did the IBI back in 2001 (If I remember correctly). Jess Johnson from Austin, Dave Eller (Killeen), James Looney (Killeen) and a large group of other people who's names I can't remember!

I used to be on the TSBA board before they started charging (back in the day).

Good group of people and glad to see the TSBA is still around!

Stefan
    WERA Novice #425(before I deployed, now I'm a bench warmer)

God and the Soldier, we adore,
    In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted,
    God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted.
    ~Rudyard Kipling

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Just picked up my Tuono Factory and am also in the DFW area, out in Parker, about a mile from South Fork. I do see some guys out at the Lucas gas station on occassion, but don't know anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by hi-side View Post
    Just picked up my Tuono Factory and am also in the DFW area, out in Parker, about a mile from South Fork. I do see some guys out at the Lucas gas station on occassion, but don't know anything about them.

That's the DFW Sportbike Group www.dfwsbr.com DTA on this board rides with them often and I go out with them on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzij View Post
    The Aprilia I saw was on an early morning ride to work prob around 7 am weekday... on loop 12 headed north... he was stopped on the shoulder...was probably an '02 or so...it was red I think.. I revved the motor at him..not sure if he heard or not

My friend has a silver and red RSVR not Mille so not him but I think there is a guy in Allen with a silver Mille.