Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mana 850's Arrived at AF1 Today, May 30th 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    Yes we all want somethings bigger
    http://mototourism.blogspot.com

Currently riding a blue Mana and a black Suzuki V-Strom 650

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    My low fuel level indicator came on right at 245-250km, I think I stopped at a the gas station 1km later, added 3.3 gallons of fuel? Still had a ways to go before empty.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum expert Jony2Stones's Avatar

Talking

Micah- How long until your demo has this:

Man this is the coolest "scooter" ever!!!
    "It's broken (btw).......I put it on, it started playing the Beverly Hill Cops theme song --- and then leaked something brown onto my arm........"

Oh gee...let me see Jony...hmmmm, well as soon as the next Leo shipment arrives from Italy I am guessing. Cannot wait, I love sound of 90 degree twins almost as much as the sound of V4's, Inline 6's and V12's.

On order...no worries there.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

That looks a bit better than the big chrome scooter can

apriliaforum expert Dragster pilota's Avatar
    micah in da house:
    Cannot wait, I love sound of 90 degree twins almost as much as the sound of V4's, Inline 6's and V12's.

Or a 572 in a 34 Coupe.....

Seriously, my experience with "performance pipes" on large auto scooters (what we over here call MaxiScooter) is that they just droone, since the motor work in a narrow rpm range you will not get that sweet sound out of them, fitted a couple of LeoVince & Malossi Wild Lion to Yamaha T-Max (twin), Honda SilverWing (twin) and Kymco X-Citinig (single) and after driving for a while it just gets annoying. Sure the Mana can be shifted manually and I guess that pipe will sound sweet when the 3'd orange lites up and you shift into next gear but I think 90% of the time the Mana will be driven in Drive modes and then I'm not sure. Another drawback is that you can't stand still an rev the Mana to listen to the music (it cuts out), personally I think the LeoVince pipe looks crap on the bike in that picture, does not flow with the rest of the nice lines of the bike....

DP says: Call me old school.....

DP - you're old school

I hear what you're saying about pipes on big scooters and the droning. Down in Tokyo and Osaka, many many of those running around. Though, wouldn't it pretty much be similar to putting an after market exhaust on a automatic car or truck? They don't all sound bad....I had a nice system on my Chevy 350.

apriliaforum expert
    Micah,
    Its been interesting to read your very positive views on the Mana. I've felt for some time that auto is the way forward (I drive an auto car and will never go back to manual) but the maxi-scooters I've tried didn't really work for me. So maybe the Mana...
    I've read a couple of opinions saying that vibration was noticeable, particularly through the bars, Have you noticed this? It would be disappointing to find a 90 degree v-twin vibrating.

Edit: Sorry Micah, just read your comments on this in another thread. Vibration seems to be a problem. Pity, I could see myself with a Mana but I hate vibration, it just spoils the experience too much. I presently run a Caponord which is very smooth.
    Last edited by CapoGrandad; 06-06-2008 at 04:15 AM.
    A statesman is a dead politician. Thats what we need, more statesmen.

The vibration I feel is not in the bars but you do get some at higher speeds through the footpegs. I only really noticed it when at speeds in excess of 75mph. At 70mph and below my demo unit is very acceptable in terms of vibrations. Ride one at a dealer near you and see what you think. For me it is about the best commuter bike I could want or need while still being enough fun for weekend warrior stuff and the occasional highway trip of a few hundred miles. The highway thing for me with motorcycles rarely involves super-slab type highway anyway, usually state highways and back roads unless I really feel like I need to get somewhere in a hurry.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum expert Dragster pilota's Avatar
    capograndad in da house:
    Sorry Micah, just read your comments on this in another thread. Vibration seems to be a problem. Pity, I could see myself with a Mana but I hate vibration, it just spoils the experience too much. I presently run a Caponord which is very smooth

A couple of years ago I spent some 10.000km on a Caponord and I have to say that the Capo, although beeing a totally different type of bike than the Mana, vibrates as much as the Mana but in a different way, the vibrations in the Capo stems from the tyres and the Mana from the vario, the vibrations in my Mana is something that's not 100% with "my" bike and I think what Micah experiences is much more true to what the Mana is.....

DP says: Like the Mana.....
    Last edited by Dragster pilota; 06-07-2008 at 07:38 AM.

My better half just put a deposit down on one of the two Manas coming to the Southeast.

I can hardly wait for my... er her Mana to get here.
    "An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens."
    Thomas Jefferson letter to John Melish, January 13, 1813

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all."
    Thomas Jefferson

YAY !!! Just got the call, my Mana's in -- and its red!!! Hooray! I'm off to the dealer to pick it up...

...as soon as they're open.

Aaarrgh, it's like Christmas morning......

Quote Originally Posted by motokitty View Post
    YAY !!! Just got the call, my Mana's in -- and its red!!! Hooray! I'm off to the dealer to pick it up...

...as soon as they're open.

Aaarrgh, it's like Christmas morning......

Woohoo! Congrats!

Me next!
    Last edited by roachie; 06-07-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jony2Stones View Post
    Micah- How long until your demo has this:

Man this is the coolest "scooter" ever!!!
    I was on my Aprilia Dealer site and saw this kinda funny how the mana was grouped with the scoots.

MODEL: SHIVER | RSV R / FACTORY | TUONO R | TUONO R FACTORY | TUONO 139 | CAPONORD | RXV / SXV |

SCARABEO 500 IE | SCARABEO 500 ABS | SCARABEO 250 | SCARABEO 200 | SCARABEO 100 | SCARABEO 50 |

SPORTCITY | MOJITO | SR 50 | MANA
    Dman

Current Bike: 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R

Aprilias/Motorcycles(Past):
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    2003 SR50 Di-Tech Morini
    2006 SR50 Di-Tech Morini
    2005 Derbi GPR50
    2009 Aprilia SR50 Piaggio

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster pilota View Post
    capograndad in da house:
    Sorry Micah, just read your comments on this in another thread. Vibration seems to be a problem. Pity, I could see myself with a Mana but I hate vibration, it just spoils the experience too much. I presently run a Caponord which is very smooth

A couple of years ago I spent some 10.000km on a Caponord and I have to say that the Capo, although beeing a totally different type of bike than the Mana, vibrates as much as the Mana but in a different way, the vibrations in the Capo stems from the tyres and the Mana from the vario, the vibrations in my Mana is something that's not 100% with "my" bike and I think what Micah experiences is much more true to what the Mana is.....

DP says: Like the Mana.....
    DP,
    I have an '02 Caponord with the 'snorkell' removed from the airbox & eight 10mm holes in each oem exhaust can.
    It grumbes & farts and really growls when given its head A real M/c.
    I'm maybe warming to the idea of the Mana...as it suits my current useage...
    but I'd want it to sound like a real M/c too
    Btw,How is the Mana for tall riders?
    JohnG.

'02 Capo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast