Thread: Mana 850 - dream bike for some?

Mana 850 - dream bike for some?

Im one of those riders, who is open to new and fresh ideas. This bike looks to fit me nicely.
    People say that if you can drive a stick you can drive a gearbox motorcycle.
    I still drive my Sportcity 250 but I have driven a 1500 vulcan, and a 600 cbr. I was able to drive both but I wasnt comfortable with having to pay attention to shifting. As I said, I can drive a stick fluently, and I never think about shifting the gears. I just do it. I just cant get used to it on a bike after riding my SC for a whole season now.
    Aprilia is going in a new direction with the Mana, and I support it.
    This is my dream bike! I am going to own one.

There have been autos before. The Guzzi Convert being the most successfull, it was built for and used by the LAPD for years. Not liking to shift, or not feeling comfortable about it is not an issue. I wouldn't feel comfortable bungee jumping or playing hop-scotch in a minefield!

Personally I love conventional bikes but I have this odd, probably unhealthy, fascination for autos. I confirmed the Oz price on the Mana, $16,550 + ORC and GST (From memory, which in my case is awful, even after a matter of only a few minutes!). Yes, I'll be getting one, hopefully one of the first ones in the country and I want ALL the touring bling! Hard bags, top-box, screen! Yeah baby, bring it on!!!!

Pete

I want the Mana too. But if the Honda DN-01 or Suzuki Stratosphere show up first I'm getting one of those. My preference is the Mana for the front storage but Aprilia has a history of ignoring the American market and may promise 2008 but deliver mid-summer 2009.. or fall 2009... or spring 2010. I've been waiting for an auto-motorcycle for years so the first manufacturer to deliver one gets my money and I'm really not particularly concerned about price. I hope it's Aprilia but I wouldn't trust any promise by Aprilia regarding American availability. By the way, doesn't the Noale factory close during the summer so everybody can go on vacation?

I know there have been autos before, but i really like the styling on the mana, and since someone mentioned the DN-01. That is a pretty bike in its own right. Detials are still pretty hard to come by, like prices and performance capabilities.

apriliaforum expert
    I really fancy a Mana. The only things that are slight doubts are the fact that no centre stand is available (despite it looking as though there are brackets) and I've read a couple of reports complaining of vibration. This latter item could only resolved by a test ride.

As for the DN-01, Honda are expected to bring it into the UK at 8k+, so that should kill it stone dead. Intriguing transmission, though. It took me ages to understand how it really works.

However the fact is that a Mana would require my mint '03 Caponord plus about 3.5k - 4k. Would I get that much more enjoyment? Only that test ride will tell.
    A statesman is a dead politician. Thats what we need, more statesmen.