Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlantic 500 FAQ?

Quote Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
    These are great tips. You should post these at the top of the forum as a sticky.
    +1 on the sticky. This has been needed for a long time, IMO.
    -=[ Bill ]=-
    04 Silver S500 (GT now) #0278
    I brake for morons

I'm thinking about getting a 2004 Atlantic with less than 1900 miles. It belong to a lady that had it sitting up for a while. I biggest question are owners getting a lot of miles on this scooter? I live in Texas and I plan on doing a some long distance travel with this scooter. I want to know if I get all the things checked out from my the local dealer, will this be a nice long term investment?
    I'm not afraid to take a chance on a scooter with a bad rep, as I own a Chinese 250cc. I've put over 9k miles on it in less than a year and the thing is as reliable as my car. I've learned that good preventive maintenance goes a long long way and with the help of boards like this, you can prevent problems before occurring.

apriliaforum expert
    well rowdy i will keep an eye on yer posts thats not really norm for a china 250 theyre shoulda been out of box issues etc some things shld be getting ready to fail especially the stator and its components.. the AA can be as reliable as car 12-14 K is where issues like to show up on the prilia's

Bump this to the top, should be a sticky!!!

Bump...Good Info!!!

apriliaforum expert
    well see now alot are going to move to fluid / viscous drives so varios and wht not will be pretty much !! with that said these parts shld fall too thee setup you lookin with some 20 gram slider weights would be a gr8 mix for all round driving 85-90 is a gr8 speed for this setup

Bump Good Read

apriliaforum expert
    The only Reason I did Not purchase one O these is the god awful tyre sizes .. And EFI rich running out of control (destroying things) Great nice look I just wouldnt Want to have to be the one searching tires or trying to add luggage etc .. The S5 is Harley like design based as far as frame and wheel sizes Makes almost Anyone able and More willing to fool with it.. It dont make meccies too too uneasy like a Mana or Atlantic just the look has em flippin the Open sign he he..

I stumbled on mine, awesome price, even more awesome ride. If I didnt have another scooter and big bike, I would buy one like yours,
    The looks of this scooter defintly draws attention, especially on long rides and i can easily keep up with other riders on their big ass Harleys, Honda's and other bikes.

First thing I did when I got it was service the scooter, replacing the belt, rollers as well as oils, and air filter.
    No regrets there either, just replaced the battery and vrOOoOOoom time to go. New Givi windshield and laminar lip, i am ready to roll it. Mine had new michelins when I bought it, so I am good there too.
    3000 miles later, and still loving it!!! Almost pulled the trigger on a new Scarbareo, but decided to wait, since only one of me and too many toys, I also have a slew of boats

apriliaforum expert
    Yes with Slews of rides n toyz one can be Dwn etc. no issues .. For Self its Just me and Scarabeo(orig model) and Corolla 02, small trailer for rolla to move stuff, Never trailered bike yet.. she always drives wherever.. I wouldnt feel right trailering the beo not even in rain she a pleasure to drive slower yes but who cares no flyin in rain

apriliaforum newb
    where do you find rubber caps to fit over the lines that you have disconnected?

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantic500sf View Post
    where do you find rubber caps to fit over the lines that you have disconnected?
    Help section of just about any local auto parts store. Ask at the counter if you can't find them.

apriliaforum Member

US Colors

Figured this FAQ could use a list of colors with photos. Color listings from the parts catalog.

Lead Grey (gp)

Atlantic Blue (ba)

Baroque Red (rb)

Coast Cyan (rb)

Alpine Red (ra)

Magnet Grey (gm)

Hilton Blue (hilt)

Titanic Grey (tit)

'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
    '14 White MyRoad 700i
    '09 Mirage White Burgman 650, Yoshi Carbon/Stainless Exhaust, Bazzaz Z-Scoot Fuel Control
    '06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 rebuilt/upgraded CVT
    '06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 another parts bike or project, CVT int failure
    '05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 body damaged, stripped down/rebuilding back up on hold
    '03 Space Blue 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT with Polish adapter
    '03 Space Blue 650 parts bike, failed CVT splines/brg

apriliaforum newb
    I know this post is getting pretty dated but the information is good and really helpful if you are thinking of getting one of these or already have one. I bought mine with around 6,500 miles wrecked last year from an auction and so had no idea what work had been done to it. It ran well but didn't seem to heat up and was only getting 12.6 volts running at the battery. So I took the plunge and got a upgraded voltage regulator and AF1 thermostat.
    Price range on the regulator is significant and wasn't sure what to get. They seem to range from near $200 to some as low as $50. AF1 is probably a good one but was out of my price range so I got an ElectroSport Regulator/Rectifier 864341, hooked right up and worked fine for $65. Unfortunately the thermostat was another $70. That was kind of hard to swallow for such a little item but was much needed.
    It was a little daunting after downloading the full manual(manualslib.com) and looking at all the plastic that needed to come off. But got some little sandwich bags to organize the screws as I took each panel off one by one according to the manual and it went smoothly enough. Anyone with some decent mechanical skills can do it. The manual is pretty detailed with pictures.
    One thing to note is that after working on mine I found them to be well thought out and engineered. Other than the plastic that easily fades(painted mine) everything was high quality. It's a dream to ride. I worry a little about the reliability going long distance(haven't ventured out to far yet) but others online said they had no troubles after doing the recommended things in this forum. I have had a slew of motorcycles over my life and currently have BMW R1100R I really like and now this scooter. Other than a desire to check out Moto Guzzi I think I'm pretty set. Every motorcycle is so entirely different from one another it's really a very personal thing which one to get. These scooters are better choice than the more typical Suzuki Burgmans and Honda Silverwings. I just wish they had made more of them. They put a lot in to them to only have a short run. Oh...and by the way the engine is made by Rotax who makes engines for everything from BPR atv(had an older Traxter 500) to BMW motorcycles(F650 and F800). Love those engines. Nice castings and well engineered. Totally recommend!

apriliaforum newb
    GR8 info! Free bump.����

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12