Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Pipes Comparison Thread! Let's put all of them. :D

apriliaforum expert grendels_arm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvsean View Post
    Everything is going up, Transport cost is going up so postage is going up and materials are going up fast. Lomas are sold at source to trade in Euro's so as that gets stronger against the pound and dollar it also get's more expensive on that front.

Tyga have put up their price recently, you're right, caught me by suprise this last batch I ordered.

I think in a couple of years you'll look back and wonder how they were under £500!
    The JL's haven't gone up however it seems from what I remember. Not nearly as much as the Tygas in stainless. The regular steel Tygas hasn't gone up much if any and is a good bargain. The late night TV commercials mention silver and gold is going up because of demand in India and China. Who knows maybe the same for stainless steel.
    Sam

USGPRU #88
    1998 Honda RS125
    1998 Aprilia RS250 Cup bike

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by nedragr View Post
    Thought I'd add......Turfreys
    They ring me a bell, does they have a web or somewhere to get more info?

apriliaforum expert
    So are the Arrows decent? I was thinking about picking up a set. Or are there MUCH better pipes in terms of HP gain that are worth the extra money?

apriliaforum expert smokey_rs250's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_arm View Post
    The JL's haven't gone up however it seems from what I remember. Not nearly as much as the Tygas in stainless. The regular steel Tygas hasn't gone up much if any and is a good bargain. The late night TV commercials mention silver and gold is going up because of demand in India and China. Who knows maybe the same for stainless steel.
    The price of stainless is going through the roof at the moment but I think material is maybe just 5% (or less) of the total price, it's mainly the hours that make the price.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey_rs250 View Post
    The price of stainless is going through the roof at the moment but I think material is maybe just 5% (or less) of the total price, it's mainly the hours that make the price.
    So you're saying the minimum wage in Thailand (where Tygas are made) went up? I'd always assumed that they were so cheap due to the labor being dirt cheap in Thailand. But I could be assuming wrong.

Where are JL's made anyway?
    Sam

USGPRU #88
    1998 Honda RS125

Quote Originally Posted by rs250slowpoke View Post
    So are the Arrows decent? I was thinking about picking up a set. Or are there MUCH better pipes in terms of HP gain that are worth the extra money?
    In my opinion, they don't compensate the costs of aquisition.

I had ARROW on my RS 250 when I bought the bike, and it was very soft, poor low-end, midrange was nice but nothing I would think "HEY WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!" and top-end was a disillusion and doesn't rev more then the stock pipes (~12000).

I know they use ARROW on the Aprilia Cup's/Trophies, here in Portugal a few years ago the Aprilia RS 250 Cup bikes were all using ARROW, but that doesn't mean they are TOP.

JL, TYGA, JOLLY in my opinion are a better purchase than ARROW.

It's tough to tell in the pictures of the JL's on page 1 but I thought they were supposed to be staggered.
    Sam

USGPRU #88
    1998 Honda RS125

apriliaforum Member
    Ok,
    I got a set of Jolly on my street Rs and a set of Tyga on my race.
    The race bike was started up the other day first time and the way it revd up and the sounds was amazing.
    I did couple mods but I don`t know is it the pipe or all the things what was done to the bike but I felt it completely different (seems stronger,better sounds) then my street Ap...

apriliaforum expert
    Updated!

Maybe next put down recommendations for which pipes people should get for which application. Also pros and cons of each pipe. That way when people want to know what pipe to get in the future they have an easy reference.

To me there isn't much difference in terms of looks of pipes. They are either mild steel or stainless with either aluminum, stainless or carbon fiber cans. And they are either side by side or GP. It's nice to see photos but really not much difference. I think people care more about the pros and cons of each.
    Sam

USGPRU #88
    1998 Honda RS125

apriliaforum Junkie
    Well, there is symetrical and asymetrical side by side pipes. For instance, the JLs are asymterica, but the Tygas are symetrical.
    1997 RS 250 Max Biaggi replica
    2001 RSV Mille R
    1985 Yamaha RD 350
    Norsk apriliaforum: www.apriliaforum.no

apriliaforum expert
    Maybe next put down recommendations for which pipes people should get for which application. Also pros and cons of each pipe. That way when people want to know what pipe to get in the future they have an easy reference.

To me there isn't much difference in terms of looks of pipes. They are either mild steel or stainless with either aluminum, stainless or carbon fiber cans. And they are either side by side or GP. It's nice to see photos but really not much difference. I think people care more about the pros and cons of each.

I want to add a pros and cons table or so, for this I count with the help of all of you lads.

Maybe I'll put in my second message as first one is becoming quite big...
    Last edited by Jordi RS250; 02-26-2008 at 06:43 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    Anybody knows that brand (M-Max):

A 1995 Aprilia RS250 with polished M-Max race pipes, carbon kevlar silencers, rejetted carbs, stainless brake lines, carbon pads, RK chain, Afram sprockets, Dunlop GPR70SP tires and a cool paint job based on the factory design with new colors.

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/NSR/pics/custom2t.html

Man that Sugaya stuff is the best stuff out there and basically kit stuff. The Sugaya pipes cost about 98000 yen which is $908 right now. When you check the rgvspares site who is a dealer of Sugaya it's like $1600. Before shipping.
    Sam

USGPRU #88
    1998 Honda RS125

apriliaforum expert
    Man that Sugaya stuff is the best stuff out there and basically kit stuff. The Sugaya pipes cost about 98000 yen which is $908 right now. When you check the rgvspares site who is a dealer of Sugaya it's like $1600. Before shipping.
    Thanks Grendels, just added the links of rgvspares, I'll add the conversion to AUD.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast