Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Exhaust Pipes Comparison Thread! Let's put all of them. :D

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Okay, thanks for the info. I’m only after the “over and under” system, i think its the best looking.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanRS250 View Post
    Does the jolly system with both exhaust on right side require any modifications to the bike other than possible re-jet?

i will say that depending on your ride height and tire size you may need to look into moving the wheel farther back in the drops... mine rubbed at first with the jollys, the arrows cleared fine

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi matt., thanks I was aware of that, after reading at the forum regarding the clearance. Will fit the exhaust before I fit a new (maybe longer) chain. The bike needs a new one anyway.

apriliaforum expert grendels_arm's Avatar
    Can't believe this thread is still going 11 years now. Just getting back on the forum. My bike has the 23D10 kit box put on it in 2010, never ran it though, but it has Tygas side by side. Thinking about taking the bike back out next year and even though my Tygas look nice I think the Sugayas or Lomas are best for them. Not sure if it really matters as I'm not going to race the Aprilia just maybe a track day. Sugayas are still expensive even old ones after all these years.
    Sam

USGPRU #98
    1998 Honda RS125
    1998 Aprilia RS250 Cup bike

hi Sam, for tygas i would recommend selling the kit box and getting the zeetronic ecu. you can tune for the specific pipes and you'll probably be much happier in the end

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

apriliaforum expert grendels_arm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    hi Sam, for tygas i would recommend selling the kit box and getting the zeetronic ecu. you can tune for the specific pipes and you'll probably be much happier in the end
    Although my shop knows a great deal about the Aprilia that was when the Aprilia was in the States as a Cup bike and was raced back late 90's-early 2000s. Not sure they have experience with the zeetronic and I sure don't. For track days not sure I'd feel the difference. A better option, if i really want pipes that closely match the kit box is to replace the Tygas with Lomas. But that's $$ just to get an exhaust that i might not even be able to tell the difference.

You have three Aprilias?
    Sam

USGPRU #98
    1998 Honda RS125
    1998 Aprilia RS250 Cup bike

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011