Thread: More key info

More key info

Went to the locksmith today to get an extra key made for my Hepco & Becker Journey50 top box so I thought I would post the blank # in case any others here could use the info.

Ignition key---Ilco X80
    Pannier key---Ilco X52
    H&B top box--Ilco X41

Hope this helps.
    upload gambar
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000
    2002 Aprilia Futura - sold
    2014 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force

Thanks! I'll note the bike blanks in my service records in case I ever need to get a spare made up..
    John B.
    02 Ash Black w/Staintunes, PC3 w/custom map, Evo Filter, Mille Air Boot, derestricted air box, Heli-Bars, Wilbers shock, new rectifier, Scottoiler, heated grips, T'meister, c/f frt. fender & hugger.

What's the procedure if the only key for the bags has permanently disappeared?

I'm about to pick up an '03 RST and can't find info on how a new key can be produced. Can I go to a locksmith and expect that he can figure out how to cut a blank to work or will new locks need to be used?

Other RST owners have suggested they try their keys in my bags figuring that aprilia didn't make too many versions and we just might have matching locks.

thanks.

Face reality, or perish, I guess.
    - IndelibleInk

If you can get your key numbers a locksmith can cut a new one from those. You will probably have to get them from Aprilia through a dealer. It shouldn't be a problem with the vin # and proof of ownership.
    upload gambar
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000
    2002 Aprilia Futura - sold
    2014 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force

Thanks Wood, I'll give it a shot when I get my hands on the bike which should be a week from now.

Face reality, or perish, I guess.
    - IndelibleInk

apriliaforum newb
    Aprilia don't do spare keys for Futura panniers. You have to buy the locks as well! Newer locks are different size!
    Locksmiths in Sheffield, Harolds, and one in Derbyshire dealer tried, can't get blanks, so not so easy!
    Wish I'd tried Timpsons in Hillsborough first, as they cut a spare igntion key a couple of years ago.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I bought some panniers and the tip of the key was stuck in the lock but what remained of the key still opened the pannier ok. I wasn't happy just having part of a key so took it to my local locksmith, he didn't have a blank for the Aprilia key but removed the broken piece of key from the lock and cut me 2 brand new keys which work fine. In total,35, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

apriliaforum newb

Thumbs up Help Sought

Quote Originally Posted by whippetbreeder View Post
    I bought some panniers and the tip of the key was stuck in the lock but what remained of the key still opened the pannier ok. I wasn't happy just having part of a key so took it to my local locksmith, he didn't have a blank for the Aprilia key but removed the broken piece of key from the lock and cut me 2 brand new keys which work fine. In total,35, which I thought was pretty reasonable.
    I am dealing with this exact issue now. Locksmith cannot get blanks though. Can you let me know the name & location of the locksmith you used so I can contact them directly? Perhaps they will remember and provide a solution.