Thread: Speedometer Cable Broke

apriliaforum newb

Speedometer Cable Broke

Hey guys. My speedo stopped working so I pulled the cable off and found a pin on the speedo drive. Is there supposed to be a pin sticking out of my speedo drive at the wheel? I thought that the two pins were on the actual cable. Do I need to pull this pin out? I have already tried wiggling it it feels like it is part of the speedo drive. Any help would be appreciated.

will prob b the end of the speedo cable thats broken off idve though? a square section 'pin' yea? if so, it is, yank it out with some pliers
    2000 APRILIA RS125 - Marchesini SP mag wheels, fully adjustable SP rear shock, 34mm Dellorto carb, R&G crash bungs, Carbon front mudguard, 1 piece lightweight ARD race seat unit, Brembo rear caliper, Brembo billet front master cylinder, EBC ProLite front disc

Quote of the month from Vickers 'so shove it up your gold plated welly-ended fadge and have an orgasm over it'

It's happened to me before, the bit of cable that goes in the speedo drive broke off and got stuck in the drive. Get a pair of pliers and use a bit of force, if you stick can't remove it, spray some WD40 on it then let it soak it up then give it another go. Make sure you re-grease the speedo drive after if you use WD40.

Honda CBR400RR NC23
    2001 RS125 Diablo - Sold!
    2005 RS50 - Sold!

www.bikepics.com/members/zEr0

2000 Triumph TT600, Powerbronzeblack DB screen, hugger
    and seat cowl, metzeler racetec tyres.

1998 reg RS125 SP, Polini 154cc Big Bore Kit with extra work on ports, Full arrow Kevlar system, 34mm polished Carb, Powervalve, Skidmarx matt blue screen, Blue vinyl seats, custom decals, Continental Contiforce tyres, hand made stainless steel braided hoses, carbon reeds,
    To come: New Contiforce SM tyres, piperx cone filter, recon forks, ISR Radial master cylinder, Gilles Rearsets, front and rear wavy discs.

1985 Honda Cub90 totally original and i know your jealous