Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: charity

charity

as my life has been directly effected by cancer i would like to organize a charity event to to raise the money to take some teenagers, both sufferers and those who have lost parents/carers/siblings through cancer, to a major sporting event or get them some time on track or learning to ride a bike at some point next year. the event will be bike related, something like a trackday at mallory, an endurance race across the uk something along those lines. iv looked into it and basically anyone can set an event register with a charity and raise money. the charity will then select people that fit in with your critiria to offer the care too. i was thinkin 15-17/18year olds as these seem to be the ones that are affected greatest but wont show it and suffer alone.

what i need is for people to help me organize, preferably in the leicester area and promote it in other areas of he country. the idea will hopefully be accepted by mallory, as this will require them to give us the track for two days (1 fund raiser and again for the teens to use the track), also i would like to get a motorcycle training school involved aswell. hopefully mallory will say that the day for the kids to go down can be at a stupidly low rate.

wat do people think and what do you think of my chances of success. any help gratelly apreciated.
    Lets Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by kd sweety
    a copper with a tinted visor! ha!

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    the idea will hopefully be accepted by mallory, as this will require them to give us the track for two days (1 fund raiser and again for the teens to use the track), also i would like to get a motorcycle training school involved aswell. hopefully mallory will say that the day for the kids to go down can be at a stupidly low rate.

wat do people think and what do you think of my chances of success. any help gratelly apreciated.
    You have any idea how much that would cost?

you've got insurance, transport, medical teams, mascots, people to run the track, proffensionals to run the day, fuel, training, equipment, advertising, then on top of that youve actually got to rent the track out.......

Something like this cant be sorted in a week, would take atleast 18months to organise, a small office and some employees siffting through the several tonnes of paper work.

Its a nice idea, just a little far fetched.

Kawasaki

T R A C K D A Y S ...... Because golf is for Faggots!
    ZXR-400

apriliaforum Junkie
    One word.

Charity.

thats why multiple ideas are required. i mean im jus shootin ideas aat the moment thats all. there are plenty of options for takin the teens out. like go kartin ect. its jus the rund raisin side thats needs to be more specific, especially i want to make i bike orientated.
    Lets Roll

speek to matt mate, hes the 1 with the blue and white cagiva mito. his mum passed away from cancer (hoep he dont mind me saying that) and hes organising a ride out and hes got about 1000 donated to him so far.!

sorry to hear it tho buddy

The Hammer - Officialy The Tool Of The Pikey!
    jolly moto, with pollished ally end can!
    standard air box back on. (runs better)
    15 tooth front JT sprocket
    40 tooth PBR rear sprocket (polished)
    xenon HID H1 100watt 5000k bulb
    xenon HID H3 130watt 6000k bulb
    LED White Wedge Inverted Side Light
    peugeot 307 LED flush side repeaters
    bright white halo rings in headlight.
    paint renovation coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseweasel View Post
    Im not judging you, Im telling you your a fucking idiot.

wats his username mate ill pm him
    Lets Roll

The ride out sounds like a good idea, could spread the word of a ride from one point of England to another, get some stickers, get sponsers etc etc and donate.

Would be easy to spread around other forums and try and get something in MCN?

Kawasaki

T R A C K D A Y S ...... Because golf is for Faggots!
    ZXR-400

gixer junkies will prob jump aboard, lodsa places for sponsorship and stuff. the problem is that because of my age people find it hard to beleive i have these kinds of ideas with a serious ambition to bring them to life.
    Lets Roll

mattyuk i think

not 100% sure lol

The Hammer - Officialy The Tool Of The Pikey!
    jolly moto, with pollished ally end can!
    standard air box back on. (runs better)
    15 tooth front JT sprocket
    40 tooth PBR rear sprocket (polished)
    xenon HID H1 100watt 5000k bulb
    xenon HID H3 130watt 6000k bulb
    LED White Wedge Inverted Side Light
    peugeot 307 LED flush side repeaters
    bright white halo rings in headlight.
    paint renovation coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseweasel View Post
    Im not judging you, Im telling you your a fucking idiot.

apriliaforum Junkie ryanlund2323's Avatar
    thats a quality idea..my nan and aunty died of lung cancer...both in september this year...wud love to help but cant really think of how....will try get some ideas together tho.
    RyanLund2323

Vehicles

CBR1000f Supersport
    New RS125 or 250 hopefully coming soon

Websites:

http://www.ryanlundwebsolutions.co.uk
    http://www.formula-rs.co.uk
    http://www.caithnessmotorcycleservices.co.uk
    http://www.lozzi.co.nr

to raise the money your best bet would be an organised ride out, like london to brighton for example. then charge 5 per person- or get poeple to get sponsered then all funds go toward the kids day out. contact mcn, as they will be a good starting place to point u in the right direction.
    Take it easy

many rs125 parts avalible, see link, or pm me if u cant find what u needhttp://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...d.php?t=135215

2005 k4 gsxr- done so far :-yohsi tri oval can, 6x3 plate,paddock bobbins,R&G crash bungs,smoked DB screen,flush mount smoked front indys,stubby gold CRG levers,Sato quick release tank lifter,K&N filter,undertray with built in indys
    http://bikepics.com/members/dcy/

Organising a track day and some borrowed (small) bikes might not be too impossible.

I'd start by sounding out your nearest tracks (Donnington, Oulton Park?) to see if they'd be interested in donating track time, but you'll need a business plan and some idea of numbers before you approach them. You'll also need to get your chosen charity organisation on board.

You need a fairly firm plan in place before you start fund raising or looking for publicity. I don't really see that your age should be a problem as plenty of (responsible?) older people will be involved as the scheme develops.

If you go ahead with it, keep us posted and I'll offer what assistance I can.

Rob

+1 on the assistance part. can travel aswell mate, so no probs getting to ya.
    Take it easy

many rs125 parts avalible, see link, or pm me if u cant find what u needhttp://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...d.php?t=135215

2005 k4 gsxr- done so far :-yohsi tri oval can, 6x3 plate,paddock bobbins,R&G crash bungs,smoked DB screen,flush mount smoked front indys,stubby gold CRG levers,Sato quick release tank lifter,K&N filter,undertray with built in indys
    http://bikepics.com/members/dcy/

apriliaforum Member
    il be up to help m8, wont be able to get to you tho as im quite far away or anything but definalty help to raise some money when you have got what your going to do

Hi naggy,

Just like to say i think it would be a great idea, id be happy to help anyway i can.

I would be willing a bit nearer the time (finance providing) to make a donation to the fund, it wouldnt be massive as you know i only started up 5 months ago.

I could mabe offer something for an auction, or wack something on ebay and donate the funds to you.

Something along those lines.

Best regards rob @ formula rs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast