Thread: I知 new to the Aprilia world!

apriliaforum newb

I知 new to the Aprilia world!

Hi everyone! I just purchased my first brand new RSV4 three weeks ago and I知 loving this great handling work of art. It痴 nothing compared to my 2012 R1. I知 still adding mods little by little and I hope you guys can share a thing or two on my build. I知 looking for a race ecu, rearset, mirror & smog block offs, windscreen and another set of fairings that I can swap out when I go to the track so I can preserve my LE fairings. If anyone has these, please let me know if you want to pass it to a good home. Thanks & Mabuhay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    Congrats on that beautiful bike Kenny. What year/number is it?

Nice! Congrats!

Really love the LE panel livery.

See you live in Houston.

Bummer to have a bike like that in that area.

Guess you do COTA quite a bit?

BTW

Guess you guys didn't take note of the "Harley Parking Only" sign at the tavern???

Love it!!!

A similar situation:

A buddy of mine was riding a CBR of some variety at the time and I was on my 1098. There is a somewhat local bar to me that my buddy was wanting to go to to meet some chick he had been talking to on the net. He doesn't live nearby and was wanting me to show him how to get there and basically be his wingman. I was familiar with the bar and knew it was primarily a "biker" bar. He said, no worries there are some other people there that I have been talking to. I said OK and off we went. Of course, when we pull up the only other non HD bike is an old Gold Wing. But I've been in worse places so I said, what the hell. Where in there maybe 10 minutes and one beer and we are talking to a couple of guys and everything is polite and all. Then one guy says, you guys in here on those Jap , weed eaters? His other buddies start laughing. I say, yeah, we'd rather mow all the grass down with weed eaters than kill it all from dripping oil. They just look at me and we keep drinking and keep up with small talk.

As we left the bar I asked my friend who those guys were since he had been talking to them. He said, I don't have a fucking clue.

Priceless!!

apriliaforum newb
    I saw that Harley parking sign, I just laughed. Up until last August I rode nothing but Harleys, I traded in a Softail for a 18 Monster 1200S, after riding that, my Road King just sat in the garage. About 2 months ago, I traded that RK in for a 18 RSV4 RF LE. Three, out of a dozen or so guys that I rode with for years, do not want to do rides that I go on anymore. I'm good with that because as far as I'm concerned, most of them were dangerous to ride with. They want to ride bar to bar and get high in the parking lot before setting off to the next bar. Being on the outside looking in now, I feel that a majority of Harley riders are more about being seen riding, than actual riding. Now I ride with the Guys from the Ducati dealer and these guys really "live to ride" 200-300 mile days instead of 50-60 miles. Much happier now with my Italian ladies, only sorry it took me this long to wake up, but I'm here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by 02603SEC View Post
    I saw that Harley parking sign, I just laughed. Up until last August I rode nothing but Harleys, I traded in a Softail for a 18 Monster 1200S, after riding that, my Road King just sat in the garage. About 2 months ago, I traded that RK in for a 18 RSV4 RF LE. Three, out of a dozen or so guys that I rode with for years, do not want to do rides that I go on anymore. I'm good with that because as far as I'm concerned, most of them were dangerous to ride with. They want to ride bar to bar and get high in the parking lot before setting off to the next bar. Being on the outside looking in now, I feel that a majority of Harley riders are more about being seen riding, than actual riding. Now I ride with the Guys from the Ducati dealer and these guys really "live to ride" 200-300 mile days instead of 50-60 miles. Much happier now with my Italian ladies, only sorry it took me this long to wake up, but I'm here to stay.
    Well, congrats on coming over from the other side.

A guy I work with rides a HD and was bragging about riding 100 miles in a day.

I said, "Man, the bars were pretty far apart then! " LOL

Please more photos

I second the request for more pics

Wafo!!

Dogs are the best people.