Thread: Winter Scoots

apriliaforum Member

Winter Scoots

It is cold here in Northeast Oregon--especially at 4000 ft. The leg cover on the 500 does well in combination with the Laminar Lip and stock shield. The 250 is waiting for the stock handguards and windshield from the European GT250. In the short run I ride it with Hippohands and a leg cover.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WinterBeos2.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	73126  

Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum newb

Curious to know a little more

Hi. Thanks for posting. I am in the process of wrangling accessories for my first winter on a 2006 Scarabeo 250 in Seattle.
    If you don't mind sharing, what brand of leg cover did you get and where?
    Finally, in general, do you have a couple of favorite resources for accessories for these bikes? I found scooteremporium.com to be helpful but not one stop shopping.
    Thanks and stay warm,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by NoSpoon View Post
    Hi. Thanks for posting. I am in the process of wrangling accessories for my first winter on a 2006 Scarabeo 250 in Seattle.
    If you don't mind sharing, what brand of leg cover did you get and where?
    Finally, in general, do you have a couple of favorite resources for accessories for these bikes? I found scooteremporium.com to be helpful but not one stop shopping.
    Thanks and stay warm,
    Jason
    Moto International has some stuff (wind screens + ?). I haven't had much luck finding accessories online. I did see some accessories at http://www.motoaustin.com/eshopitems...25__250_GT.htm

I hooked up the trunk brake light and installed a modulator (makes it flash 20 times / 2 seconds, then stays solid). I bought the modulator (single circuit) here http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm ($5.99 + $3.50 shipping). This was a MUST for all my bikes.

I'll be posting pics + more info on the modulator installation in a separate thread.

Congrats on your purchase of the 06 Scarabeo 250. Moto Int'l priced them so well... I bought 2!
    2003 Tangerine Stella
    2 2006 Scarabeo 250's

apriliaforum newb
    What was the model of the hippohands you purchased?
    I want a pair for a 2004 Mojito Custom 150.

Thanks,

Pete

apriliaforum expert
    urbano used to have some very cool hand guard /warmers one pair looked like the teeth on a WWII Spitfire or P51 various themes and heavy duty and a nice mount w quick off .. tucan urbano i think i put pics in a post back in like 2010 or such

apriliaforum expert
    I ride in Teens with just lined jeans and coat boots etc everrything regular fit gotta be room for the insulations you have on to fill up or loft with warmth!

Just bought my wife the piaggio brand leg cover - she's only used it for about a week but loves it. Says it keeps her toasty warm. I bought some chinese hand warmers a couple years ago while in Shanghai, she still uses them too when it gets colder (bv350)