Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: LED Signal Fix.........

apriliaforum Member
    I did this mod yesterday. With parts mentioned in the first post. When idling they work great. But when I ride at higher rpm, they flash way longer almost without a break. What could cause this?

apriliaforum Member
    I have 4 LED indicators, they all work btw

Quote Originally Posted by mona-toetje View Post
    I did this mod yesterday. With parts mentioned in the first post. When idling they work great. But when I ride at higher rpm, they flash way longer almost without a break. What could cause this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mona-toetje View Post
    I have 4 LED indicators, they all work btw
    Did you also replace the OEM flasher relay with an electronic LED flasher relay?

apriliaforum Member
    Yes i got the relay that was mentioned in the first post from ebay.

apriliaforum Member

apriliaforum expert KbomonFalco's Avatar
    Are you having any charging problems? You should have about 12.5 volts at the battery, static. When you start the bike it should read about 13v at idle, then jump up to 14ish volts above 3,000 rpm. (sorry, going from memory...and it's not that good these days). You may want to search the forum for charging specific issues.

I can't think of anything else that may cause this. It could possibly be a faulty relay? Let us know if you figure it out.
    2001 SL1000 Falco (Handed down to KbomJr)
    2000.5 RSV-R Mille (Track)
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory (His)
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 RR (Hers)

apriliaforum Member
    No charging problems. 14v charging rate. But had my headlight bulb broken the other day. So maybe regulator is broken and giving to much volts...? Have an electrex regulator to put on. So will try that.

apriliaforum newb
    I was reading over this thread and it points the way to solving some of my light problems. I need a little help to get it over the goal line though. I just bought an '03 falco today, and the previous previous owner was not much good for electrical. He put LEDs on the front signals and has an integrator kit on the rear with an LED license plate light. With the license plate light disconnected, the system kinda sorta works. Everything kinda sorta flashes, but not really flashes. It sounds like the LEDs up front are causing that spillover through the dash light.

Options: 1) go back to incandescent up front and for the license plate light. (original parts are long gone)
    2) do the mod here and get LEDs for the rear tail.

I'm leaning towards option 2 but I'm having trouble sourcing LEDs for the rear that will work with the integrated tail kit. That's where I need the help. What can I use that will take advantage of this mod (so no resistor pack), but works as tail+brake+turn. Without going so far as to ordering LEDs and soldering them on to some homemade board? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GregDiderich View Post
    ..... What can I use that will take advantage of this mod (so no resistor pack), but works as tail+brake+turn. .......
    Welcome to the forum Greg.

These LED modules may be an option that will work for you. If the Falco tail light housing allows room for them, they should work. They use the 1157 bayonet base, so 'dual element' as it were, and they fit fine in my RSV Mille tail light.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...tributes/10816

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Six5 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Greg.

These LED modules may be an option that will work for you. If the Falco tail light housing allows room for them, they should work. They use the 1157 bayonet base, so 'dual element' as it were, and they fit fine in my RSV Mille tail light.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...tributes/10816
    Awesome, thanks. I wasn't sure if those were resistored or not. I think you confirmed it. I'm going to get some slightly smaller ones that aren't CAN bus, and in red. Less current draw for the same brightness (if I believe what the website is saying).

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...fit/2625/5698/

Ah...i'm all new bike giddy. My 6 year old is going to geek out about the wiring too.

apriliaforum newb
    Well, shoot. I installed the diodes and LED relay and put LEDs in my tail lights, but I had problems. When I put in the LEDs, one light was always "brake" and regardless of whether i was signaling right or left, the left blinker always blinked. When I put in the regular bulbs everything was fine.

I have an unknown, unlabeled integrator kit. I was able to figure out the wiring using the internet and some logic and everything is wired correctly, but it doesn't like the LEDs.

I guess the integrator can't handle the LEDs...I don't know exactly how they work. It might be a fun puzzle for someone to figure out here, but I'm going to move on.

Having an integrated tail blinker isn't high on my priority list. I'll order some LED blinkers and deintegrate everything, and keep the LED mod. Thanks guys.

apriliaforum Member
    The previous owner removed the stock turn signals and installed a kit that was supposed to make the rear tail lights work both as a blinker with the other light operating as a brake/tail light. However, it never worked. After hitting the blinker, as soon as I would hit the brake, both lights would light solid as I braked, overriding the blinking function. I used a trailer harness to get my rear LEDs to function correctly. It’s not a perfect solution - the blinker operates opposite the front blinker, but that doesn’t bother me, really.

I don't own a soldering iron at the moment, but I have some LED turn signals, diodes (got an extra set just in case I muck one up!), and flasher en route.

Has anyone done this using butt connectors or other connectors that don't require soldering? Or should I just buy the soldering iron for this job?

apriliaforum Member
    You should go ahead and get a good soldering iron. It's very helpful in performing wiring mods. Are you going from stock to an LED set up? Are you integrating the rear lights to also function as blinkers (as mine are), or are you keeping your blinkers separate from your brake lights? Either way, having a soldering iron is a good idea. By the way, the small ones at Harbor Freight don't work very well for these applications. I ended up using a much heavier duty soldering gun, and that worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah.Berry View Post
    You should go ahead and get a good soldering iron. It's very helpful in performing wiring mods. Are you going from stock to an LED set up? Are you integrating the rear lights to also function as blinkers (as mine are), or are you keeping your blinkers separate from your brake lights? Either way, having a soldering iron is a good idea. By the way, the small ones at Harbor Freight don't work very well for these applications. I ended up using a much heavier duty soldering gun, and that worked very well.
    Thanks for the info -- I think I'll pick up a butane-powered soldering iron (I'm working sans garage/nearby electrical source) for the job. I'm going from stock to an LED turn signal setup, whereby the blinkers are separate from the tail lights.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast