Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End can mod

End can mod

just bolted my new end can on...having seen others do this mod I got a second hand end can from a breakers and decided to keep with an oval exit the old one is on the rear plate light the new exit is just a tad bigger...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lovely

Can you tell more?
    Sound, parts you used, procedure etc?

What does it sound like?

I have been out riding since finishing this and can say the sound is great Unique and much louder its great to listen as you wind it up through the gears.
    It turned heads at Box Hill & Brighton today the sound is not what people expect to hear from a sports tourer

As for how to carry out this mod others have been there before me mauri on this forum has there is also a link to another French Futura owner who did this and included a pdf which gives instructions.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...t=modified+end

http://motardsardechois.free.fr/La%2...ra-Modifs.html

By far the most difficult step is getting the exit hole the right size to fit your new exit pipe and I would suggest getting a second hand end can just in case.

Sounds good.

What about fuelling? Have you made any changes?

hehe not yet I have been waiting for someone to ask me that...not yet there is a little bit of hessitation at low revs on pick up but generally feels the same as when i changed to the H pipe I dont have a power commander fitted yet.

But planning on getting it set up any recomends on where and who to do this with are welcome somewhere not far far from the south coast would be preferable.

(for those in the north im not being southist!) although I am scared of heights

Btw hows the H pipe pat? makes a big difference mine did
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Darkness Black , Staintune cans -H pipe - Derestricted airbox - Mille boot - MPL slave cylinder - Scotoiler - Hugger - Dual Star heated grips - Fast brain implant* slow body (owner not bike)

http://www.southerncrossmotorcycles.co.uk/ if London isn't too far north. Not used them myself (too far south) but they've got a good rep

Southern Cross are well thought of in Club Aprilia circles.

Hang on Astroboy - you were there too at Club Aprilia day. Southern Cross were the guys doing suspension set-up.

H-pipe is a lot louder than expected, and the bike feels more willing, especially from low down. Only put 30 miles on it since I fitted it, but I like it so far, apart from the flat spot....

Thanks guys

Yes I attended Club Aprilia Day and they did set up my suspension however after leaving my Goldfish like memory could not recall the name of the guys who did this

I will contact them as their name is embeded in type now..lol

While where talking set up can anyone tell me If a power comander is worth having and exactly what the benefits are?

I know that you can use this to install and adjust fueling maps etc but could someone offer me a better insight into more info on them.
    Darkness Black , Staintune cans -H pipe - Derestricted airbox - Mille boot - MPL slave cylinder - Scotoiler - Hugger - Dual Star heated grips - Fast brain implant* slow body (owner not bike)

I'm thinking of similar myself but the PCIII may be a waste of time on the Fut. As far as I understand it takes the 05 map (standard map for yours) and tweaks it a bit here and there.

I've seen others on here talk about Tuneboy, which is apparently more adjustable, cheaper and better. There are even maps on this forum somewhere.

As I say, I haven't done it so I don't know, but try doing a search on this forum and you'll probably find enough to be an expert after an hour's reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I'm thinking of similar myself but the PCIII may be a waste of time on the Fut. As far as I understand it takes the 05 map (standard map for yours) and tweaks it a bit here and there.

I've seen others on here talk about Tuneboy, which is apparently more adjustable, cheaper and better. There are even maps on this forum somewhere.

As I say, I haven't done it so I don't know, but try doing a search on this forum and you'll probably find enough to be an expert after an hour's reading...
    The PC3 works find on the Futura with a custom map. Priced out Tuneboy lately?? Its hardly cheaper & you still have to find someone with a dyno that knows how to/or wants to use it.
    John B.
    02 Ash Black w/Staintunes, PC3 w/custom map, Evo Filter, Mille Air Boot, derestricted air box, Heli-Bars, Wilbers shock, new rectifier, Scottoiler, heated grips, T'meister, c/f frt. fender & hugger.

Thanks for clearing that up, John

Updated Photos

I just got round to finnish pollishing the end result which now looks much better than the first photo I posted .....I couldnt wait to try it out before fully finishing it ...(Its the big Kid in me) now looks all shiny and new again
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post a sound file!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bikpaintr View Post
    The PC3 works find on the Futura with a custom map. Priced out Tuneboy lately?? Its hardly cheaper & you still have to find someone with a dyno that knows how to/or wants to use it.
    Being one of the first to buy Tuneboy back in '02, I must concede that for tuning purposes, PC3/4/whatever has to be the way to go. While tuneboy does offer more features and flexibility, no one will use the program to effectively custom tune a bike and come anywhere near the low tuning cost of the PC3. It's just too much of a PITA.

Plus Wayne either got very busy or lost interest in us Futura folk back in '04 or '05 when the operating questions probably began to overwhelm him for such few applications.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast