Thread: Airfilters in ditech

apriliaforum prov-nov NATO-ohjus's Avatar

Airfilters in ditech

Has anyone tried a powerfilter in their ditech´s. I dont like the look of that black stockfilter. I guess that the injection system doesnt like powerfiltters but im asking if any has a powerfilter and how does it work? I´ve also thought of removing the stockfilter in the scoot, next to the cylinder if you know what i mean.

apriliaforum Member
    removing the stockfilter in the scoot, next to the cylinder if you know what i mean
    explain

apriliaforum newb
    I'v put powerfilter on my di-tech....he died after 150km....if you know what I mean

apriliaforum Member
    The filter died? Was it too loud?

I heard that ditech´s engines dont get along with powerfilters, and the engine can brake because of powerfilter

Originally posted by Jebediah
    explain
    i draw a picture, its otherwise hard to explain with my english skills.i havent triedf that yet because my ditech is in service(?).Im not sure if the filter fits there but i hope so. I just need couple of pipes/hoses, Im not sure what they are in english.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum newb
    Originally posted by Jebediah
    The filter died? Was it too loud?

I heard that ditech´s engines dont get along with powerfilters, and the engine can brake because of powerfilter
    my injektor and air kompressoor broke down because Iv put that fuc...g filter on my di-tech....inaèe radio je normalno dok nije krepao

apriliaforum Member
    ja, baš sem slišao že za veliko primerov

erm, thats why the only thing that i did with my ditech - about air - that i pu malossi red sponge in, the only change it did is that, that i now dont have a very,very (but noticeable) small gap in acceleation

If you put a powerfilter on a ditech, you will run the engine seriously lean, and it can damage the engine. Please think here folks, the ECU is not a closed-loop ECU, it doesn't realize you are giving it more air.

If it were a carb, you'd need to increase the jetting. On the ditech you either need to increase fuel pressure with a mechanical regulator or reprogram the ECU to deliver more fuel. Unfortunately, programming tools don't exist yet for the ECU, and there isn't much in the way of mechanical regulators yet either.

So what I'm saying is, unless you have a good idea for increasing the fuel pressure, don't install any wide open air filters. You won't get any benefit (because you'd need that extra fuel to utilize the extra air), and you could hurt your engine.

If anyone has installed a freer flowing filter and solved the fuel problem, then I'd love to hear some suggestions!

Peace,
    sam

could someone try, if the filter fits in the scoot. I dont have a possibility right now.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    and is it a good think to put a malossi filter (the red with malossi writed on) in da air box?!

and is it good to put the air filter in special oil for air filter? or is it beter a air filter without thix oil?!

the ditech havent a captor of the arriving of air?!!*

thx

If you put in the malossi red sponge filter, it probably won't do much good, since it only lets in a tiny bit more air than the regular filter, but it won't do any harm, because its not letting in tons more air.

Some people don't oil their filters to get more air flow, but I prefer to use filter oil on mine, to keep the road grime out of the engine better.

peace,
    sam

No oil???

I'll second the oiling of the filter, it's not really clever to run the fiilter dry as it will let all dust particles through which will in turn cause your piston rings to fail.

As for the extra fuel when using a free flowing air filter, how about using an automotive fuel line pressure regulator?

apriliaforum expert Dragster pilota's Avatar
    phidauex in da house:
    If anyone has installed a freer flowing filter and solved the fuel problem, then I'd love to hear some suggestions

I have used a Malossi Red Sponge filter on the Starol Racing AXO DiTech for some 2000km both in de-restricted and Malossi 70cc config. On the (crap IMO) Malossi 70cc kit it gave some much needed response in the throtlle, on the de-restricted scoot it feels much more flexible, not the on/off feel in the throttle and it has been getting some better milage than with stock filter, don't ask me how. Soon we'll know how it works on a complete Polini setup....

The best part with the Malossi Red Sponge filter is that it's washable and we use Twin Air Dirt Remover & Filter Oil and it seems like it could last almost forever....

DP says: A good quality filter is always a good buy....

Yes, cleanable is a nice feature... I've cleaned my stock one already, but I know its not meant for that. I'll be replacing it soon, maybe I'll spring for the Malossi filter. It may not do much, but long lasting and a teeny performance increase is always nice. Plus, its a cheerful red color. Also, I can get it in 4 days from AF1 instead of waiting 4 weeks for my dealer to order the stock one.

peace,
    sam