Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Common problems/issues With RXV/SXV 450-550

apriliaforum Member QroMexicoEnduro's Avatar
    I do them my self, and I am not an expert. I simply change BOTH and oil filter oils every 500 kms. and have not had any problems.
    Salud Compadres!!!!
    2006 RXV 450
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 800
    2002 KTM EXC 520
    1999 CBR 900 RR
    1996 VFR 750
    1991 KTM 300
    1987 KTM 500
    1982 KTM 250
    1977 Yamaha 100
    1972 Carabela Ponymatic

Quote Originally Posted by orangerider2 View Post
    The chain, rides on the slider a long distance on these bikes, so keep your chain well lubed, I use Honda HP chain lube, comes in a red can, Not The Blue Can, it`s one of the best chain lubes.
    I contacted the guys at TM Design works today about a better guide and slider and was told:
    SORRY but this is something we just are not interested in at this time. We
    still have 6 months of R&D and new molds to make for '07 atv/bikes that
    changed parts. so we feel your pain but not much we can do to help at the
    moment.

apriliaforum newb

Bottom End blowout at 1500kms!

Well I have always loved this bike so I took the punt. However, to my surprise the big end bearings have gone at a meagre 1500kms. Now I don't ride like a pussy, but I ran the thing in properly & haven't flogged it yet. Anyone else had this problem???

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    Well I have always loved this bike so I took the punt. However, to my surprise the big end bearings have gone at a meagre 1500kms. Now I don't ride like a pussy, but I ran the thing in properly & haven't flogged it yet. Anyone else had this problem???
    i have done 2 with bad bearings but it was due to water in the oil also.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Biggest problem we have had with our bikes is......finishing second...they rarely do.....cause they are always on top of the box. Out of 35 races this year, they won 31, out of 35 races we only had one dnf....oil pump seal, Aprilia has stood behind these bikes, I belive in my dealer, our bikes won lots of titles.....I have nothing to complain about

Ab

Sooo Hooottt!!!

Greetins' Peepz

I'm from Singapore and I just picked up ma SXV5.5 last Thursday. Apparently, I am tha first and ONLY one in Singapore who owns this hottie currently.

I am charmed by tha looks and specs of this machine. Was ridin' a Suzuki K6 1000 before this and all ma previous bikes were Sportsies. SXV5.5 is ma first motard experience.

On Saturday 12/1/2008, during ma 2nd ride on tha bike, tha seat literally melted cz it was sooo hot! Now April's seat is left wit only tha sponge.

Given tha EXTREME heat and underseat exhaust, I am worried that it will damage ma suspension in tha long run..

Two tyms of ridin' and ma left fork is leaking. Left Signal light stop workin' tha first tym i was on ma ride.

I read alot abt tha blowin' of fuse in here, but so far, mine's cool.

Now April's back with tha Dealer and I have not an idea what they will do to it...

Any advises guys? thx..
    A kiss hurts more than a bit,
    If received from a soul forbidden,
    Its marks reminder burns,
    When left on a dark heart hidden

A bite penetrates the skin,
    But to receive from a lover is bliss,
    As a bite can only tickle,
    When compared with a deadly kiss

First use some proper english and leave the gangsta talk for the streets.

Also make sure the dealer does all the service bulletins like the stator bolts. Seat melting has been seen before but doesn't happen on a regular basis..
    Supermoto Central - 100% Supermoto

Circumstances

Seat Melting? Unless you were holding revs as if on freeway for many miles it seems very unlikely. I'm guessing your bike never got derestricted or re-mapped. Perhaps you're running just ridiculously lean. Fun bikes, but check fluids [properly] and find someone with Axione tool that knows how to use it. Don't know if either of these are your problem, but good place to start.

RZ Rob
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

Quote Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
    Seat Melting? Unless you were holding revs as if on freeway for many miles it seems very unlikely. I'm guessing your bike never got derestricted or re-mapped. Perhaps you're running just ridiculously lean. Fun bikes, but check fluids [properly] and find someone with Axione tool that knows how to use it. Don't know if either of these are your problem, but good place to start.

RZ Rob
    Just what I was thinking and welcome to the forum.
    02 Aprilia RSV1000
    07 Aprilia RXV 550
    06 KTM 525XC
    06 KTM 950 ADV S
    07 KTM 525EXC

AMA, BRC, D36, CORVA, IMBA, STM

Disclaimer:

I'm impulsive, hard headed and sometimes really stupid. Please do not take anything I say or do as a "correct thing" or a "fix" as it could be harmful to your wallet or person. Never argue with an idiot, no one can tell the difference.

CAL550 for Prime Minister

King of Dirt 2009

Magoo is my Hero

Thank You

Oopsie, sorry for the slang. My only defence would be "cultural differences". Thanks guys for the precious experience-sharing. Am gonna call my mech now and tell him about the "derestricting and re-mapping" as well as the stator bolts and etc..

I doubt any mechs in Singapore now has much knowledge about SXV, they are still running on a "trial & error" basis. Hope issues could be rectify soon so I can bring April down to the NEWLY opened( 12/1/2008 ) track here. Normally, we have to go across the border to our neighbour country Malaysia for track riding.

SXV is very much spectaculated here and alot of my frens can't wait for her to hit the tracks!!

Have fun riding.
    A kiss hurts more than a bit,
    If received from a soul forbidden,
    Its marks reminder burns,
    When left on a dark heart hidden

A bite penetrates the skin,
    But to receive from a lover is bliss,
    As a bite can only tickle,
    When compared with a deadly kiss

rode vdb all yr track only,oil and filter every 2hrs not touched anything else on the bike,WHAT A BIKE

apriliaforum newb

Borken gearbox

Brand new 550RXV '08, 70 miles and broken gearbox.

apriliaforum newb

Broken gearbox bis

Did one of you already experience a gearbox failure on RXV ? Bike is still under warranty but...I would highly appreciate your assistance.

I think I remember 1 case, but not sure what became of it, because seemed to be a bit of a whack job
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RXFréd View Post
    Brand new 550RXV '08, 70 miles and broken gearbox.
    i have heard of a few but not many,all the ones i have checked have been fine,but was informed the other day that 2nd possibly 3rd have small fractures, in small quantity and should be xrayed before assembly ,i would not worry that it will happen again,i have only heard of 3 thats world wide.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast