Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top speed?

Top speed?

Ok as were in the data gathering mood. What is the top speed you have got out of your Fut, both on or off track, modded or standard, please specify.

Last night I had a run in with a Focus ST170 and found i was struggling at 140mph.We were pretty evenly matched but I have had a little more out of the ol girl.

Anything said here is purely circumstantial and can't be used in evidence.
    Brian

[ZZR1400 190bhp, Baglux tank cover, 14.4v charging,ABS,TomTom GPS, double bubble, hugger, crash bungs, heated grips, permanant grin, fluffy dice ]

'01 Futura, everything stock.

Riding 2-up, with luggage (me=180lbs, GF=120lbs, luggage=35lbs)
    145mph was all the bike would give, which is perfectly fine with me, that's pretty f'in fast! BTW, absolutely smooth ride up there - no head shakes whatsoever.

148mph but had to back down because of traffic, havent tried since. Oh and im 6'4 250lbs

2001 Silver Futura #4
    mille boot, derestricted airbox, taylormades, h-pipe jet hot coated(black), and coming soon: evo air, pcIII w/ custom map

in my case, i was on the mighty beftura.... you'd have to ask a certain boyracer on a honda firebin about my speed though.. i was too busy laughing my head off because of the expression on his face...
    Ride.In.Peace Jens, my dear friend!

WWW.QMS.BE !!!!!

07 rsv factory/project mayhem1... I4's for breakfast...
    07 sxv550/project mayhem2... hypermotards for dinner..... we'll skip lunch....

it's all extremely funny.....untill somebody gets hurt.....then it gets hilarious!!!!!!
    i've met the 'man in the street'..... and he's a w*nker!

Not sure about the top speed

I can't recall if I ever tried to see what the top speed is. I know I have hammered it from time to time and my trip across north Texas was in the 130's for more than an hour. I was just thrilled to see the bike do that kind of speed in 101 degree weather for and never whimper. Thank goodness I had my camel pack on. I just slowed down going over the few small hills that I could not see what was on the other side. You need a lot of distance to stop a bike at that speed. When I took the return trip down 10 to Austin it was like I was crawling at 80. It's scary how comfortable you get at those speeds when you do them for a while.

Bob

"Although all men are born free, slavery has been the general lot of the human race. Ignorant - they have been cheated; asleep - they have been surprised; divided - the yoke has been forced upon them. But what is the lesson? ...the people ought to be enlightened, to be awakened, to be united, that after establishing a govenment they should watch over it.... It is universally admitted that a well-instructed people alone can be permanently free."
    --James Madison

apriliaforum expert
    The PO of mine GPS'd it with a top end of 157. Modes are PCIII, h-pipe, & staintunes. I had alreay bought it, don't see why he would have lied.

I remember my stock Futura ran out of breath at around 137 mph. Now it will get to that speed easily and keeps pulling hard - not as hard as I'd like of course - to 155 mph. But I must admit I've never hit the rev limiter on the road in 6th so never actually done top speed.

Oh it's got a few mods, yes.

I think the fastest I've done was recently against that unknown bike. But it was night and impossible to see how fast I was going.
    Last edited by Befbever; 04-15-2007 at 04:40 AM.
    This Must Be The Place

apriliaforum expert bullit in head's Avatar
    But it was night and impossible to see how fast I was going.
    especially with dark visor and sunglasses on

I ushually crap out at 140(indicated), thats me not the bike!

bullit

~155... Couldn't focus on it long enough get an exact reading.

That's with h-pipe, staintunes and custom tuneboy mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by bullit in head
    especially with dark visor and sunglasses on

I ushually crap out at 140(indicated), thats me not the bike!

bullit
    Semi-smoke visor with Pinlock as always.
    This Must Be The Place

When I had my '93 gixxer, in '93 I loved to run 120, 140 EVERYDAY.

I don't think I've had the Fut over 120
    2007 Tuono 1000R Factory - 22K miles
    Cored OE Racing CansMap2Pazzo Shorty Knock-offs15-40AF1 Link PlatesAprilia Sliders
    Laminar WindscreenLowered PegsLED City and Tag Lights
    ProTaper Universal LowClear Signal Lenses

2017 Z125 PRO in Candy Lime Green
    Many mods

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, MC, Creator, Video Editor and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.

Similar to my sentiments...I rarely get over 80mph or so. I'm either old or chicken...or both? Plus, it's hard to cram my overgrown a$$ behind that fairing tight enough........

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB27
    Sorry guys the head thinks too much about stopping, get to the "ton" regular getting past cars but have only been to an indicated 120mph for about 5 minutes, don't really like passing everything as a blur if I did would of bought an R1 or a Blade, me and my Fut just like steady 75 - 80mph trundles.

AndyB
    Heath, Raleigh, NC
    03 Tuono

apriliaforum prov-nov rstspongebob's Avatar
    Too many mobile speed cameras lurking, as most UK riders would agree, myself and a friend were on our way to Brands Hatch 2 years ago, upon our return he had a nice ticket with photo, 122mph, from the angle of the photo, he was on the opposite carriageway, heard us coming and click....... He was banned, i was lucky because he didnt clock me, we assume it was because I was leading and alerted his attention and by the time he aligned the camera i was gone... The problem is, 100mph + = instant ban, needless to say we stay under the 100 for the most part now.....
    David

Silver 02, Bef exhaust with H-Pipe, Bridgestone 014's, 05 map, Derestricted Airbox, DNA Filter, PCIII, Garmin Zumo GPS

Quote Originally Posted by rstspongebob
    ... The problem is, 100mph + = instant ban, needless to say we stay under the 100 for the most part now.....
    WOW
    10 char
    2007 Tuono 1000R Factory - 22K miles
    Cored OE Racing CansMap2Pazzo Shorty Knock-offs15-40AF1 Link PlatesAprilia Sliders
    Laminar WindscreenLowered PegsLED City and Tag Lights
    ProTaper Universal LowClear Signal Lenses

2017 Z125 PRO in Candy Lime Green
    Many mods

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, MC, Creator, Video Editor and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.

try a 227 kph wheely in belgium (K1 gixxer 1000)... 4.50 a.m. in the morning on a dead straight, deserted road leading up to the motorway, so no intersections, bicycle paths, people, cars,... nothing at all... but for a bl**dy police car with gatso hiding in the bushes 15 meters off the road, in pitch dark...

1 year driving ban
    2695 euro fine
    4 months probational jail sentence

had to sell my bike the same day at that time, or it would have been confiscated..

Ride.In.Peace Jens, my dear friend!

WWW.QMS.BE !!!!!

07 rsv factory/project mayhem1... I4's for breakfast...
    07 sxv550/project mayhem2... hypermotards for dinner..... we'll skip lunch....

it's all extremely funny.....untill somebody gets hurt.....then it gets hilarious!!!!!!
    i've met the 'man in the street'..... and he's a w*nker!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast