PDA

View Full Version : Hand Guards

TimmyMagic
11-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Any one used them in the cold yet? I'm considering some for the winter but at 90+ they're quite pricey....

Xeno
11-03-2006, 06:44 AM
I've had mine fitted for a couple of weeks now. They are quite low so they stop the wind on your fingers but the top of your hand is exposed. They are beautifully made with the Akraprovic logo's and they totally transform the look of the bike. The front end looks much more agressive.
Unlike some of the aftermarket hand guards these ones allow the bar end weights to remain fitted inside.
The carbon marks very easily though, I've scraped mine lightly a couple of time getting in and out the garage and the slightest touch leaves a scrape in the carbon.

Panda
11-03-2006, 02:58 PM
When did you get yours Xeno? The Japanese Aprilia website has pictures of a bike with all the gear on and the Akro logos are silver - my carbon bits have yellow logos. Which do your handguards have?

CeeBeeA
11-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Has anyone got any pictures with the handguards on ? Or links to the pictures ?

Panda
11-07-2006, 04:33 AM
Has anyone got any pictures with the handguards on ? Or links to the pictures ?

From the Japanese importers website:
http://www.serviceaprilia.com/accjapan/AP8791290_1.JPG

anjet
11-07-2006, 04:59 AM
don't the handguards look a bit funny in this picture? I like the picture strada_photos posted, but i think these are not the same handguards and picture is very much different perspective.

Xeno
12-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Sorry Panda i've just noticed your question.
I bought my handguards through the dealer the bike came from 'Bridge' in Exeter. They took about 3-4 weeks to arrive.
They have the Akraprovic logo's in Yellow the same as the Exhaust Shield and Heal Guards.
My Carbon Akraprovic exhausts arrived today as well and they look superb. They have been on order for about 12 weeks. I could have got the titanium ones straight away but thought I would continue with the carbon theme. Cant wait to get them on!!
I just want to put the Carbon front mudguard from the Factory on the bike and maybee change the colour of the wheels (maybee Gold) and then thats all the pimping for me (for the time being)!!