PDA

View Full Version : What about the 2004 Tuono?

Brow!
09-15-2003, 02:17 AM
What about the 2004 Tuono gyus?
Does anyone know anything about it?
Any performance, styling or just color changes?
I'm about getting a new one and I'd like to know if is it worthy waiting for the new model to appear...

I love that red anyway...

[Brow! is the sound of the "thunder" multilingually...]

bob of fl
09-15-2003, 07:37 AM
The EICMA show opens for journos tomorrow, so new colors and bikes will show up on web sites tomorrow.

008man
09-15-2003, 10:19 AM
I hear from my dealer that the 04 Tuono will be unchanged mechanically (ie: don't expect the new motor or frame as the new Mille). As to what colors will be available, I guess you will have to wait until the dealer meeting this month.

clarkie49
09-15-2003, 10:37 AM
personally i think the tuono should steer away from the mille, there is a new class of bike out there and the tuono is king!

rather than just being a naked mille with high bars i think the tuono should follow its own path, where that path goes who knows but i am sure it will be awesome!

clarkie

jswjr600
09-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by clarkie49
personally i think the tuono should steer away from the mille, there is a new class of bike out there and the tuono is king!

rather than just being a naked mille with high bars i think the tuono should follow its own path, where that path goes who knows but i am sure it will be awesome!

clarkie

yeah sure, but use the tail on the new mille!!!

thats all i want

i wonder how hard it would be to retrofit, hmmmmm maybe a bit of hacking on the subframe and some seat modification

ApexMolester
09-15-2003, 11:46 AM
and am currently working on that very modification, just need the damn p/n to order the the parts.

clarkie49
09-15-2003, 12:13 PM
i dunno apex...... its very different.

you would be talking custom subframe.....gee do you think you would be able to sell them anywhere? :D :D :D

clarkie

nearvertical
09-23-2003, 08:58 AM
I can't post the picture they are too large for this forum but if you email me I will send them.

Tuono Tex
09-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Just go to the Aprilia web site--plenty of pictures. Not as good looking as the 2003's. Those wheels---OMG.