PDA

View Full Version : RIO gp predictions

Fox
09-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Well not looking like there will be much new for Aprilia as the new stuff wont be ready til Motegi ..

BRASILIAN GP, AN 'EXOTIC' RACE

The MotoGP World championships starts its non-European phase with an exotic race: the Brasilian GP that will take place next Saturday at the Nelson Piquet circuit in Rio de Janeiro. This is an important race for the Alice Aprilia Racing Team because the carioca circuit could bring out the potential of the RS Cube. A long straight (nearly 1 km) with 8 left corners and 4 right corners for the brazilian track: it seems that the features of this track are specially designed to intensify the qualities of the three cylinders made in Italy. Waiting for the race the team tested last week in Jerez de La Frontera. Colin Edwards and the test rider Marcellino Lucchi worked on the development of the new tyres provided by Michelin. Moreover they tested new regulations in order to improve the ignition system. In the mean time the bikes that will be used by Haga and Edwards already arrived in Brazil.

GIGI DALL’IGNA (Project Leader): “The work we made in Jerez through Lucchi and Edwards has been concentrated on the new front tyres created for us by Michelin: maybe we will be able to use them in Motegi. It’s a pity cause we can not use them for the next race in Rio but the delivery times are very tight.

Moreover we have more power now with a better ignition control. The riders and the whole team worked well obtaining a good lap time: 1’42’’3 of Edwards who is very motivated for the next race. We will do the best in Brazil as well trying to get a good result for Aprilia the riders and all the technical staff of this season”.

red_m
09-15-2003, 04:01 AM
Okay, my picks are:

Rossi
Capirex
Biaggi
Gibernau
Bayliss
Barros
Melandri
Edwards
Hayden
Haga

ip2
09-15-2003, 09:52 AM
this getting a bore , rossi already clinched the title this year so he might let his friend capirossi have it ,

jswjr600
09-15-2003, 10:26 AM
rossi, gibernau, biaggi,checa

edwards somewhere around 12th

haga crashes :rolleyes:

Fox
09-15-2003, 11:43 PM
I'll say:

Rossi
Capirossi
Biaggi
Bayliss
Gibernau
Checa
Barros
Haydon
Tamada
Edwards
Haga

Demosthenes
09-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Hmmmmm.... okay...

Rossi
Bayliss
Capirossi
Gibernau
Biaggi
Barros
Edwards
Haga
Hayden
the rest...

Cheers - Demosthenes :p

spoof
09-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Bayliss
Rossi
Capirossi
Gibernau
Barros

Biaggi Crashes and Hayden and Edwards duke it out for 6th.

Hey, it COULD happen.

VAMilleR
09-16-2003, 09:27 AM
I agree with you Fox, although I heard Barros is out. He may have surgery on a tendon in his shoulder.

The track is bumpy, so look for more chatter problems.

dowzerr
09-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Barros will ignore advice and race on Sunday.

Fox
09-16-2003, 10:19 PM
According to motogp.com he is racing ...