PDA

View Full Version : To remove a rear wheel

RossGuzzi
10-07-2006, 03:44 AM
My mates wife just bought a 05 750 brut. They asked me to sus out a tool to remove the rear wheel. They dont trust the local dealer (my mate is a bike mechanic but computer dumb) to do tyre changes etc.
Any clues?? Within Australia would be even better! :cheers:

nicolino
05-21-2010, 10:14 PM
what do you mean sus out a tool ( sorry, I'm in States) however if you need to buy a tool for rear wheel nut removal just contact any mv agusta dealer or order one from VESUVIO (France) They are made of alluminum cost about $ 60.00 USD and it is a must for anyone who own MV.To remove the wheel you will need a bar extension because of a high torque of the wheel nut. I personaly use air impact wrench (with air compresor) to remove wheel nut . Its a Left hand thread so dont forget to loosen the wheel nut clockwise , tighten - counterclockwise. with the right tool it only takes a 10 seconds to remove a wheel of the bike and or replace it with another wheel. You'll find out that it is a real pleasure to work on MV's , You can strip the bike of the fairing in a few minutes etc. You,ll also need a front and rear work stands.
have fun !!!

Soggy
06-25-2010, 07:50 PM
You can find those sockets pretty cheap on eBay. May not be as nice as the factory part, but they've worked out OK for me. See: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MV-AGUSTA-BILLET-REAR-WHEEL-SOCKET-TOOL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a9cdf0d4QQitemZ23048 2112724QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

You may need help with removing the nut - someone to sit on the bike and lock the rear brake. Mine was a bugger to remove the first time. Use some anti-seize grease on it when you replace it to keep it from happening. Make sure the wire retainer is in place when you are done so it doesn't back out on you.

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
I just use a 55mm 12-point. I got it from Snap On? Just remember to take not of the left hand threads on the rear axle.