PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!

Jaydog121
09-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Not to bud in on your threads, but let me pose a question. I have stock everything on the ditech sr50 2002. I am really wanting to put an exhaust on to improve performance.

What is the best exhaust and what exactly do I need to change to make it perform. What weight rollers do I need to put on, and also is it mandatory to put in a new clutch spring.

I am much a novice and would like to do the work myself, I guess I just need some advice.

Thank for the help.

PAUL
09-13-2003, 03:00 AM
A really good exhaust for a Ditech is the Giannelli NRX and a Leovince ZX. There's a topic @ this forum about the improvenments of a ZX on a Ditech:

click here (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7222)

The improvement with a ZX is around 1bhp with 7,0 gram rollers. I would advice you to fit a yellow malossi spring together with around 7,0 gram rollers. Remember that every scooter is different, so it is very hard to say what would be good for your scooter.

good luck

Jaydog121
09-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Thank you for your help. I am in an area where scoots have not become a huge hooby or way of transportation. These are all very simple mods to make?

How can I as a novice know which roller weights to use. Is is trial and error?

The scoot will be pretty obvious to me when it runs better right. Is there a possiblility of damaging the scooter by not having the right weigts?

One more thing. So what you are recommending is that I replace the exhaust, roller weights and spring?

As a novice I will be able to do this myself.

What about arrow exhaust?

scootnfast
09-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey there, I already replied to you in the mojito forum about the variator and the roller weights, but aas far as the exhaust goes, I personally am not a really big fan of arrow. My personal opinion is that you are paying for the name. I have a gianelli NRX on my ditech, and it makes a big differance. But if I had it to do again, I personally would go with the leo vince pipe. My buddy just got one, and I like the sound of his a little better than mine. Not a huge differance in sound, but I like it better. I also think that it might be made a little better. It is totally up to you and how much you want to spend. They are all going to give you about the same performance results.

I like the red contra spring. I have had the best luck with it, (I have all three colors), and it seems to be much easier to find weights that run good with the heavier spring. And no you won't hurt your scooter if you go too heavy. It just won't have good acceleration.

And YES!!! It will be very obvious - once you fit a new pipe and go to lighter weights - that your performance will be much better!