PDA

View Full Version : How good is Agip???

waxxer
09-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I really do not know much about the real performance levels of this oil manufacturer. I have looked but have not found any decent test data.

I am now on the verge of my first oil change and will likely switch to Red Line synthetic. Why? Because RedLine and Amzoil seem to out perform just about all other products across the board.

When I switched to Redline in my Tuono R, the engine dropped 12 to 15 degrees in all conditions. My normal running temp is 180 degrees.

Obviously the SXV could use this reduction in heat.

Amauri, If you are reading; what do you run in your race bikes?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

:cheers:

amauri
09-04-2006, 12:24 PM
On my personal bikes, I run whatever brand semi-synthetic is available to me for free or cheap.

The only way anyone is ever going to settle the "what is the best oil debate" is to take two brand new bikes for a long term test with oil brand-X on bike-1 and oil brand-Y on bike-2.

Run both bikes side by side, under the same road conditions, same speed, switching riders back and forth and taking samples of the oil that was drained at the recommended intervals.
After 50k miles take both engines apart and measure everything.

I think you'll find very little if any difference as long as the mfg recommended oil was used.

mikeyyc
09-04-2006, 01:09 PM
AGIP is the retail side of ENI, which is Italy's national petroleum company.

From their website

Eni is an international company active in around 70 countries with a staff of 72,258 employees.

The company is listed on the Milan and the New York stock exchanges (NYSE).

The operating activities are:

oil
natural gas
electricity generation
engineering and construction
petrochemical business
The three main business areas are:

Exploration & Production
Gas & Power
Refining & Marketing.
Results for the First Half and the Second Quarter of 2006:

Reported net profit: up 21.5% to 95.28 billion for the first half and up 21.2% to 92.3 billion for the second quarter
Oil and gas production in the first half: up 4.3% to 1.79 million boe/d
Interim dividend proposal: 0.60 per share in line with best practice for international reporting

Nearly 1.8 million barrels of oil a day for ENI alone. I think they know what they're doing.

Mike

Jony2Stones
09-04-2006, 01:11 PM
And how's about that gear oil???

Use the 10/60 or buy specific 75/90???