PDA

View Full Version : I got my plate..

Dcups
08-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Dealer called and said I need to come pick up my plate woohhooooo!!! custom mount here I come.... and time to hack the rear fender off...

Also they loaded the Termi map it seems to run better and idle at 1700-1800. Its alot more responsive and doesnt feel as sluggish as the reg map. Starting up though it doesnt want to idle for too long but once it warms up its all good.

found out the turn signals are only 20 a piece. Pretty F'in cheap and they look cool.

Aprilia
08-25-2006, 07:29 AM
I went to get mine yesterday and got turned down. I thought I got lucky. I got a new girl and she was about to give me the tag and then decided to call the state. So close. She was nice enough to tell me what I needed and where to get it. I'll try again Monday.

For the street legal guys what are you paying for insurance?

Rollin Fast
08-25-2006, 08:02 AM
In New Jersey, which is one of the two highest priced states for auto insurance in the USA are priced as follows.

Anywhere from $75-125 for liability only and about $300 for full coverage.

John / Rollin' Fast Cycle Sports

104 Main Street
Lebanon, NJ 08833
(908) 236-9000

rollinfast@earthlink.net

www.rollinfast.com
www.tigcraftusa.com

Aprilia
08-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Anywhere from $75-125 for liability only and about $300 for full coverage. A month or a year? Mine is $370 a year for full coverage however my driving record is not so good.

Dcups
08-25-2006, 10:44 AM
$139 Full Coverage a year w/Statefarm. They only looked at the CC. I love my rep!!
But I also have 2 cars and 1 other bike on the policy as well.

Also another trick for you guys with bundled policy. Is having your bike as your Primary vehicle.

RSV1000RnAZ
08-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Dcups... What state are you in?

Dcups
08-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Great state of WA

CalPolyMille
08-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Aprilia, hows the riding near Dothan? I will be comming to Rucker in February and am contemplating a SXV.

Tdawg
08-25-2006, 12:06 PM
that's freaking awesome D. :cheers:

Aprilia
08-25-2006, 12:41 PM
CalPolyMille
Aprilia, how’s the riding near Dothan? I will be coming to Rucker in February and am contemplating a SXV.

The street riding is ok. We have a lot of motocross here. I have a shop in Daleville just out side the Ft Rucker Gate. I'm trying to get the supermoto thing going here. I'm so glad aprilia raised the bar with these bikes. I neee to get mine derestricted but I wanted to get the tag first. we'll see

Maxacceleration
08-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Great state of WA

You got Daves only 5.5? You lucky dog.
You got PM

Dcups
08-25-2006, 03:04 PM
You got Daves only 5.5? You lucky dog.
You got PM

Yes

Luck no just smart enuf to put my name down in January :D

whitaker44
09-19-2006, 03:22 AM
so you guys are acctualy getting plates for the sxv's??? my dealer said that in california you wont be able to get any plates for it. should i raise the :bs:

RSV1000RnAZ
09-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Got Mine plated in the great state of AZ. :bump:

Dcups
09-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Yes im plated and a good hand full of others. But then again I dont live in Cali.

Thanks GOD!!!

RSV1000RnAZ
09-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Yes im plated and a good hand full of others. But then again I dont live in Cali.

Thanks GOD!!!

I live in Cali and AZ at the same time! :happy:

Steve Hunt
09-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I went to get mine yesterday and got turned down. I thought I got lucky. I got a new girl and she was about to give me the tag and then decided to call the state. So close. She was nice enough to tell me what I needed and where to get it. I'll try again Monday.

For the street legal guys what are you paying for insurance?

What did she say you needed and where do you go to get it?

SH

Steve Hunt
09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
[/quote]

The street riding is ok. We have a lot of motocross here. I have a shop in Daleville just out side the Ft Rucker Gate. I'm trying to get the supermoto thing going here. I'm so glad aprilia raised the bar with these bikes. I neee to get mine derestricted but I wanted to get the tag first. we'll see[/QUOTE]

Just got back from a track day at Barbers where I demoed a 550 on the track!! and I would say there were 5-6 other supermotos of various brands in the three groups. Good luck getting things going, I think the interest is out there especially given a consistantly available venue to hammer the throttle.

SH

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Texas is a confirmed state as well....

walk in, pay normal reg/title fees, get plate, ride scooter back to shop.....

the little old ladies had me out of there in 5 minutes (dealers get their own line)

Aprilia
09-22-2006, 09:49 AM
She tried to tell me I had to have an EPA statement on the MSO; something about it met all government EPA standards for 2007 or some BS. So I called a friend of mine who owns a Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki dealer and ask if I could look at some mso's to see what they had printed on them. After some research we found out there is no such thing on a motorcycle MSO. I took a copy of about 5 MSO's to the tag office, some off road use only and some street legal bikes. I guess those 200 street bikes at the dealer can't be tagged in Al. They called the state about 3 times and we got it worked out. They tried to tell me it was because it was Italian. I told them I would sue them for motorcycle discrimination, thatís some stupid crap if I have ever heard any. I did have the first one tagged in Al. I wanted a personal plate but I didn't want to push my luck. I also asked them to give me a copy of what the MSO should say and I would take care of it with a type writer they didnít seem to care how it got on there as long as it was on there. Anyway it worked it self out. Thank God for looking out for the small folks. :worship:

Dcups
10-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Its offical ladies!!!!

I got the title in the mail yesterday!!!

cyborg
10-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Just got my plate & registration today! :cathat: Yipee! Seattle area. :burnout:

ama
10-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Full coverage from Geico..........$135/year on a multiple-bike policy.