PDA

View Full Version : SXV help please

Aprilia
08-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Will someone help me? I'm trying to figure out what the derestriction process is for the SXV. I know about the axon and the ECU and the throttle block. Is there an exhaust and air box restrictor. Can some one please explain what has to be done. I know once all this has been done the bike has to be tuned. Can someone please help.
Thanks

Aprilia
08-25-2006, 07:33 AM
So nobody ca help me.

ckruzel
08-25-2006, 08:12 AM
contact amauri, he is usually in the 2004 mille section, he can help you, send him a pm

Dr. Thrillride
08-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Where's your dealer? Don't say, 'you're a dealer' either...

Will someone help me? I'm trying to figure out what the derestriction process is for the SXV. I know about the axon and the ECU and the throttle block. Is there an exhaust and air box restrictor. Can some one please explain what has to be done. I know once all this has been done the bike has to be tuned. Can someone please help.
Thanks

Aprilia
08-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Where's your dealer? Don't say, 'you're a dealer' either...

The dealer I bought the bike from didnít have a cable yet and they are 10 hours away. (20 hr round trip). The closest dealer is 3 hours (6 hr round trip) but I donít think they have a clue. I own a shop and have a very good tech who has worked on my other aprilia and VOR. I want to let him do what he can and let the dealer take care of the axon stuff. I donít understand what the big secret is about the derestricted on the bikes. I know all the dealer received an email on the derestricting process. The bike is not under warranty anyway so I just donít understand what the secret is or aprilia is worried about? I just would like to get the bike useable. I don't work on my bike. I just want to ride them. I told Mike my tech I would try to get the info on the bike and he could let me know he wanted to do.

NeoGeniX
08-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Thats cool.. Im sorry I cant make a list or something but by searching this forum it should be easy to find the info its out there somewhere.

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-25-2006, 04:23 PM
the basics....first, your mechanic MUST have an AXONE and the SXV cable to do it.....you have to take it to a dealer

remove exh restrictors, re-set TPS with Axone, remove throttle stop screw, load new map with Axone, and a few other things your dealer should know about.

Kyle602
08-25-2006, 06:01 PM
May want to try Florida Motorsports here in Tallahassee. I was just in there today Looking at the SXV and talking to the owner Kent Johnson. He has a couple they're in the process of de-restricting now. Their number is 850-575-0305.
Kyle

Aprilia
08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the help. I think I found a dealer that I can trust that won't take a day to get to. After looking the bike over I think everything has been done except for the reprograming. Maybe I can ride it next weekend.

nofx6639
08-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I understand your dilema. In Hawaii it's hard to get new tech into the hands of Harley-type mechanics. I printed up some threads of what other guys had done and gave it to the dealership mechanic. He then ordered the "Axone scanner thing" which cost him $2200(recieved it yesterday bytheway) from Aprilia.

Now I did the throttle lever deristricton myself. This is just taking off the seat, getting into the airbox and removing a bolt with a hollow hex wrench that blocks the throttle from opening completly.

Good luck

nofx6639
08-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Sorry for the oversized post....I'm a newbie