PDA

View Full Version : DOT Models

mrr1150gs
08-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Anyone know when Aprilia will have DOT approved models available? I am not talking young female models, I am talking of the 4.5 and 5.5? Specifically the enduro versions.

mrr1150gs
08-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I know, people are just wanting to get the bikes and aren't really worried about them being street legal. I keep reading about rides out in New Mexico and Terlingua that require a dual sport bike. I was within millimeters of buying a used Husky TE610. I have heard great things about it, but the idea of a v-twin fuel injected enduro made me rethink the whole thing.

I guess another question will be what is the service interval going to be? Would I be changing the oil weekly if I used it as a commuter?

waxxer
08-23-2006, 03:19 PM
It is no commuter by any stretch of the imagination--in my opinion. It gets HOT quickly without airflow even with the fan on the radiator. When heading out to the rural areas to ride, I find myself shutting the engine off at long stop lights.

Face it: This is a race bike. When I am whipping around through turns I forget about how uncomfortable the seat is.

mrr1150gs
08-24-2006, 11:43 PM
It is no commuter by any stretch of the imagination--in my opinion. It gets HOT quickly without airflow even with the fan on the radiator. When heading out to the rural areas to ride, I find myself shutting the engine off at long stop lights.

Face it: This is a race bike. When I am whipping around through turns I forget about how uncomfortable the seat is.

I just saw two 450's in Houston. The dealer has both the enduro and the motard. Both are equiped with all the lights and switches. I guess I was missinformed that they would not be street legal.