PDA

View Full Version : My Bike is working!

TCRacer
08-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Finally!!! Picked it back up from Moto Italiano last night and headed straight for hwy 9 for a proper break-in. I can believe how smooooooth it is compared to the KTM LC4 I have had or my monster. Once I get some more miles on it I will post some pics and a longer write up. For you on the fence I give another set of thumbs up.

-Tony :cheers:

008man
08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
But the question is... for how long will you be able to ride it on the street. Have you tried to register it for the street yet? The paper tags will only be good for so long and then you are bound to get busted. If you are using the paper tags to be able to break it in, then thats one thing, but for those of us with no intention of racing it, getting tags for it is a must.

Jet City Racer
08-23-2006, 07:48 PM
What paper tags? It's Callifornia! If he has the lower portion of his DMV app and it's marked RS and not RC, DT or MX it might slip by the clerks at the DMV. Sometimes a new model will do that if the VIN doesn't through up a flag.

One can hope anyways.

008man
08-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I hope that is the case, as I have a deposit on a 550, and would just make it in the first batch. I am waiting for a report back to see if the first one out the door from Scuderia gets registered.

duc slayer
08-23-2006, 09:21 PM
I obviously have no idea about Cali, because that's like a whole other country out there. But I got NH temps with mine, and our local hardly dealer is a good friend of mine and said to just transfer the plates and they won't even blink an eye. Definitely won't help you guys buying in state, but then again your probably not driving 4hrs every time you need to go to the dealers

TCRacer
08-24-2006, 09:45 AM
I plead the 5th like Waxxer, but I think Waxxer and I are on the right track with getting our plates.

-tony

NeoGeniX
08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
your probably not driving 4hrs every time you need to go to the dealers

Wow thats insane thats like for me going to a dealer in france or germany :p

duc slayer
08-24-2006, 07:11 PM
I have one an hour away and that's including a 20 min ferry ride but he suck's hairy balls. I bought my 01R from them and would call to order parts and get the oh well we've got to get on line and look the stuff up, so we'll call you back. And of course they never would that happened 4 times bfore I told then to get bent :gunner: