PDA

View Full Version : which rims

duc slayer
08-16-2006, 10:01 PM
what do the us models have for rims? are they the half red, half silver or just silver or something other

amauri
08-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I'll have to look when I get to the shop tomorrow but the Factory Supermoto race bikes are using Alpina rims and running them tubeless.

waxxer
08-16-2006, 11:59 PM
The US bikes that I have seen have alloy naked rims. The rear wheel is so wide it looks unaturally cool.

They are beautiful!!

Mr SXV
08-17-2006, 02:46 AM
The half red and alloy rims are the tubless Alpina rims a bit expensive but nice and would be much lighter being tubless but u an make the stock rims tuless with a inner seal for the rims but if u haveto replace a spoke u have to repplace the inner at about $500AU per rim can get pricey but the same for the Alpina onto of the $3gs for rims you can buy them here...
http://www.apriliasupermoto.com/index.php?f=data_spares_$_accessories&a=1
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/ZXSIXR/7899.jpg

008man
08-18-2006, 08:55 PM
I plan on getting a set of Marchesini wheels when i get my SXV. Motostrano In Redwood City carries them. Don't know if they have an application for the SXV yet, but you can bet they will (eventually).

Jet City Racer
08-18-2006, 09:10 PM
I'll have to look when I get to the shop tomorrow but the Factory Supermoto race bikes are using Alpina rims and running them tubeless.
And Aaron hasn't called me??? :pissed:

waxxer
08-18-2006, 09:56 PM
I plan on getting a set of Marchesini wheels when i get my SXV. Motostrano In Redwood City carries them. Don't know if they have an application for the SXV yet, but you can bet they will (eventually).

You have a bike yet??? Apperantly Moto-Italiano is behind the 8-ball on geting them running.

Do you have yours yet??

008man
08-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Scuderia has a couple of each. I talked to Calvin, and one has gone out the door, but it was not registered. I am going to hold off untill I find out how difficult it is to get it street legal. If they can not be registered, then i will wait for the next batch. If those do not come street legal, then i will probably end up waiting for the 08s to get here. I am in no rush, and I don't really want to get a Husky, as I have heard they are having problems. Besides, I don't think anything comes close to the SXV, so i will wait.

Jony2Stones
08-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Any idea if Marchesini or Alpina are going to offer either a 6 or 6.5" rim-width????

008man
08-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't know if Marchesini will offer a 6" wide rear. Presently the only size for the rear is 5" wide. That is plenty wide enough to mount a 160 or 170 tire to. I think a 180 on this bike is so overkill. The bike will probably handle better with a 5" rear and slightly smaller tire. I won't do any real serious inquiry untill I actually have a bike to put the Marchesinis on. That may be awhile depending on Aprilia (street legal).

Jony2Stones
08-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't know if Marchesini will offer a 6" wide rear. Presently the only size for the rear is 5" wide. That is plenty wide enough to mount a 160 or 170 tire to. I think a 180 on this bike is so overkill. The bike will probably handle better with a 5" rear and slightly smaller tire. I won't do any real serious inquiry untill I actually have a bike to put the Marchesinis on. That may be awhile depending on Aprilia (street legal).

Yeah, but a 180 is sooo cool looking :lover: plus there is end-less rubber choices...

But if I change over to mags, I'll probably end up going to a 5 or 5.5 rear....and running a 165 or 170....

waxxer
08-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Huh?? My 550 is currently running a 180. Did I miss something? The 180, to date handles very well. I am about a quarter to a half inch on running out of tire on the sides. I cannot wait to go to Michelin Power Pilots!!

May be I am a wimp, but you have to be way beyond break in to get off the bead.:cheers: :cheers:

ckruzel
08-21-2006, 08:42 AM
waxxer, i would give a look at the dunlop qualifiers, they heat up alot quicker on the street than the michelin's, i think they would be ideal for a motard

waxxer
08-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Thanks! I will be sure to check them out.:)

Jony2Stones
08-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Huh?? My 550 is currently running a 180. Did I miss something? The 180, to date handles very well. I am about a quarter to a half inch on running out of tire on the sides. I cannot wait to go to Michelin Power Pilots!!

May be I am a wimp, but you have to be way beyond break in to get off the bead.:cheers: :cheers:

Yeah, I guess the deal is the 180 is a 'NO-NO' in the Supermoto world (however I think the deal is most sumo's can't fit anything over a 5" rear---hence 170 is the max).

My KTM came stock with a 165 slick (and a 5" rear)----which worked great. I wouldn't really see how a 180 would have any negative----assuming that the bike is designed to take a 180.....

I hope I can get a set of 6 or 6.5" mags....that would be radical..

hank
08-21-2006, 10:09 AM
If BST makes CF rims for the KTM's perhaps they will pony up and make a set for the Priller.... how cool would that be! :cheers:

ckruzel
08-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Black excel rims would look good

duc slayer
08-21-2006, 11:33 AM
black excel's are going to be my first choice with some red talon hubs and maybe alternate red/black spokes