PDA

View Full Version : SXV 550 KPH to MPH

the_meek
08-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Hello Folks,

New forum user and new SXV 550 owner. Bike arrived in the shop yesterday, waiting on registration docs etc.

Arrived without a manual (like many others)! How do you change from kph to mph? No information in the downloadable manual. Dealer code needed?

cheers

meek

teej710
08-17-2006, 07:44 AM
dealer should do it for you, they did mine

RZRob
08-17-2006, 09:51 AM
On my RS250, you do something like press down one of the buttons on the dash) like the "C" until the guage numbers start to blink. At that point you scroll through the various indicators via the lap counter on the left handlebar. This gives you the opportunity to switch each setting from standard to metric. Setting the redline is a bit different, but along the same lines.

On my RZ500, it was of course KMs only, and I got pretty good at converting on the fly (~100KmH = 60MPH). Good to know for fuel range and speed calculating.

RZ Rob

yellow.speedy
08-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Please read this, it types the functions of cockpit.

the_meek
08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
After a rough, very rough translation (not done by me) of the German instructions (found in another thread last night) into English today, I managed to change KPH to MPH ok. Method also accesses the two service intervals (oil can and spanner warning lights).
Thanks

In case someone finds this thread later:
Hold down the mode button.
Turn ignition on (don't release mode key yet).
Hold down the headlight flash switch until WS shows on display.
Release mode button.
Press mode key repeatedly to scroll through until MPH/KPH shown on screen.
Press mode switch to toggle MPH-KPH.
Hold mode key for 5 seconds to confirm (MPH or KPH flashes)
Press mode key repeatedly until END is shown
Turn off ignition

yellow.speedy
08-18-2006, 08:17 AM
best wishes :)