PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please !

Richard-D
09-06-2003, 06:57 PM
I know this is a Tuono forum but,the Multistrada also peaks my interest. Does anyone have an opinion or comparison on the two bikes. I'm expecting very interesting comments. ( I hope)

jmarkey
09-06-2003, 08:08 PM
The Ducati will cost a fortune in maintenance costs versus the Aprilia. They are pretty reliable but expensive to maintain properly. Aftermarket is tremendous.

pan
09-07-2003, 02:26 AM
i have heard the multi can turn really well in tight roads, it is more comfy and of course you have the nice rumble but that is about it. I would not really compare it ot the tuono, it is unfair for the multi. The tuono does everything better other than carry a passenger. And here in Greece, it is 1600 euros cheaper as well.

DeTuono
09-07-2003, 05:15 AM
You really need to read the August edition of the UK's Performance Bikes magazine. They test the Multstrada against a bunch of other bikes (GSX-R1000, a couple of 600s and a VFR800) on a variety of courses, on road and track. The Multistrada came overall fourth out of five (ahead of the VFR) and LAST in the bumpy backroads section.

Plus, it's as ugly as a bulldog chewing a wasp.

Nick

Ricky J
09-07-2003, 09:01 AM
That'd be some kinda ugly Nick! Phhftewy.

Jony2Stones
09-07-2003, 11:52 AM
I've spent a good amount of time on a multistrada, and I dont really like it.

Sort of a scooter on roids....but not really in a cool way..

Havent yet figured out its' design yet. Cause I'd definatly wouldnt be comfortable touring on it. And for sport riding, the pegs hit far too early...

Also, I have a hard time getting over the air-cooled aspect of the bike. I led three demos' back-to-back and the bike was 'tinging' by the end of it. This was three 8 mile demos' in 90degree temps....
Couldnt imagine any hard riding (never mind any hard 'hot' area riding).

I wanted to like it, but left not really....