PDA

View Full Version : My 910 Brutale Impressions

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Well one of my buddies bought a new MV Agusta Brutale 910 last week. Saturday he showed up and while I was drooling all over it he threw me the keys. I was totally not prepared for how freaking cool it would be as a rider's bike.

Power was far more than I expected with fat midrange starting at a very realistic 5K rpm much like a V-twin. The throttle response and control was impressive as well. The streets I was testing on had little to offer in the way of traction but the inline 4 MV surprised me here as well finding rear grip at lean angles and power levels that have almost all bikes smoking the rear tire. The MV's rear wheel was spinning up but this had almost NO appreciable effect on stability or the ability of the bike to hold a respectable line on the corner exits.

Brakes were excellent...not RSVR Factory excellent but as close as it comes to Ohlins/Brembo power package found swiveling from the front end of the MV's frame.

Suspension action at both ends was firm yet very realistic in dampning and spring rates for real world street riding, nearly perfect is what I am getting at.

Ergonomis were very Tuono/Z1000. Nice and comfy to say the least.

Overall my impressions were made almost at once. First gear is viscous, I bang second clutchless at about 8K, front wheel settles for a moment and then as the rear lights up the front begans to rise, still smoking as the front wheel clears an elevation of 2 feet or more i bang 3rd...there is almost no perceptable change in the leevation of the front end or the fact that the rear tire is still spinning way faster than ground speed. I set her down at the top of thrid and well into triple digit speeds. This thing is awesome and if it were mine I surely would have a serious accident in short order if it resided in my garage.

BTW, many thanks to Roland Lee from www.motovationusa.com for the test ride. I hope he (kilat here on the forum) ends up liking his new bike as much as I am lusting after his new ride.

Arnie
08-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Sweet review Micah. Bike magazine did a review on the 910 and they were all impressed with the power. How was the sound from the stock exhaust? The 910 R looks badass too.

huskyrider
08-14-2006, 11:01 PM
If i was 8 inches shorter Id be all over that.

;):worship:

superman51
08-15-2006, 07:39 AM
How is it compared to the Tuono ?

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-15-2006, 10:33 AM
The sound from the stock exhaust seemed almost to be none to me. On the flip side the 910 has the best I4 intake honk of any bike I have ridden in years. It desperately needs pipes to sound 100% right.

Power is slightly down compared to a piped and programmed Tuono but the difference is small at best. The most amazing thing was that the 910 actually had proper midrange torque, somethiing about copmpletely missing from Japan Inc's latest offerings.

If it were my personal money on the line I would just have to test ride both bikes back to back and make the call on which dealer would see the better part of my 20 grand. Roland bought the 910 after after lusting after the Tuono for years.

Chuck B
08-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I had the same impressions as you. Loved that motor! Unfortunately, ego's a bit too tight though I suppose if I owned the bike it wouldn't see much LD riding regardless.

Jet City Racer
08-15-2006, 06:17 PM
This thing is awesome and if it were mine I surely would have a serious accident in short order if it resided in my garage.

Why do you think I only have the ZRX for the street and it's still bad enough for 3 tickets and 4 points in just 1 year. :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Arnie
08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
There's a slightly used 910 under 1,000 miles, at my Duc dealer. Man, I would be divorced for sure after having just bought my 999r...

TheDuke
08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
There's a slightly used 910 under 1,000 miles, at my Duc dealer. Man, I would be divorced for sure after having just bought my 999r...
That's OK the MV will probably give you more thrill's cost you less money AND be more dependable. Besides doesn't EVERYONE need a couple Italian mistresses?

jetfever
08-18-2006, 09:58 AM
Why do you think I only have the ZRX for the street and it's still bad enough for 3 tickets and 4 points in just 1 year. :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

How about a Valentine 1 Radar detector? It has saved me many a ticket, including the Laguna Moto Gp "TT" southbound on HWY 1!!! (someone else got the ticket when they blew by me while I was giving the "cop" sign). This part has added more "speed" than any other...