PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Aprilia Owners

gpc111
07-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Anyone out there! Would love to hook up with some So.Fl Aprilia owners rain or shine, trackdays or just cruising.....fast:cheers:

Miss Mille
07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Looking to get beat by a girl?:fangs:

gpc111
08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
It all depends on what the girl wants to beat!:worship:
All kidding aside, I always love to hook up with aprilia owners being that there are so few of us here in Fla. Where do you have your bikes serviced ? Where do you guys ride?

parkec
08-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Who needs hills and twistys we get to dodge the blue hairs in Sarasota Area :banana:

SpeedTwin
08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Well I'm in Central Florida, Cocoa to be exact, so just going out for a cruise is a little out of the way, but I will be at Homestead Aug 30-Sept 1 weekend instructing novice riders with STT (Sportbike Track Time).

You should get together with Miss Mille and drag both your carcasses out there to have some fun rippin' the snot out of the tarmac, LOL!!!

Actually there is a bonus with the Florida gigs, Casey Rockerman, fellow Aprilia rider and owner of an Outback Steak house franchise caters us for lunch and it is DAMN GOOD!!! We usually get a burger or sandwich, he feeds us STEAK!!

Anyway, I have met 6 different forum members and a few other Aprilia riders not on the forum during my tenure with STT. Always look forward to meeting more, so if you can make it, come on out and have some fun with us!!

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down,
Mike Smith / STT Southeast Staff (aka SpeedTwin)

P.S. We should try to get a Florida Aprilia riders run to Key West or something like that where we could all hook up for a weekend and raise cane together!!

Whatch' yall think?!?!?!

Miss Mille
08-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I would love to get a real ride to the Keys together. Are you talking about Key West and Sloppy Joes for Lunch or say just before the Keys and Alabama Jacks for lunch?:cheers:

We do a Keys Ride on New Years Day every year. Several of us from my area meet at Bradys and ride to Ft Lauderdale. There we meet up with some really cool guys who have a race shop at a local airport. I don't hold it against them that they ride Ducs.

Then we head down to Alabama Jacks for lunch. The last leg gets a little fast - well fast for some of us. Other just take their time. By the time all is said and done its about 40 - 50 bikes mostly sport bikes.

My BF wants to do the track day at Homestead. I thought it wasn't until the end of Sept? Road Atlanta is Labor day weekend.

In any case we will all meet someday. :lover:

We do bike night at Bonefish Creek on Tuesdays in West Palm Beach off Military Trail and Ochobee ( I can never spell that correctly) Blvd.

Thursday nights its Bradys Burger Bunch in Stuart on US1. It starts early about 630 and ends around 10 - depending on the crowd. There is normally a pretty healthy bike turn out.

There is also a large bike night in downtown Fort Pierce as well on Thursday.
I don't go because it is mostly cruisers and there is a lot of beer consumed. I may haul ass but at least I am sober when I do. I don't drink and ride. Big no no in my book.

On Sunday morning its the Shell Station on Beeline Hwy near Pratt Whitney, west of Jupiter. We meet out there and eventually groups leave and go around the lake. We end up at RJ Gators.

Sometimes if the weather doesn't look great or no one feels like a long ride, we end up racing on one of the local straight roads. We always make sure there are no police learking around. It's pretty cool because on a good day you can just hear all the bikes out west hauling ass back and forth. But it is a hot spot for cop who need to meet their quota so you do take your chances. However you can slip into another county pretty quickly. :)

A few weekends ago we discovered a side road on the way out to the lake that is pretty clear with lots of nice curves. We cleared off some of the road kill and took turns scuffing tires. :eek:

I so need to get on a track.

Miss Mille
08-16-2006, 10:56 PM
It all depends on what the girl wants to beat!:worship:
All kidding aside, I always love to hook up with aprilia owners being that there are so few of us here in Fla. Where do you have your bikes serviced ? Where do you guys ride?

The only people who touch my bike is the BF (there is something to be said about having a man who knows his way around a bike) and then Todd Ross at Lighting Moto Sports. Todd is just awesome! Can't say enough about that man.

Do they still have any bike nights in South FL, Ft Lauderdale area?

It seems like Fuds closed and with it went a lot of good time and memories. There doesn't seem to be a place with a bike night on a Friday or Saturday anymore.

I use to love hauling ass down there hanging out until Fuds closed. Getting a huge group of us and going down to South Beach until the wee hours of the morning.

I still have a very clear visual of one of the Zoo Crew fur bike and all street surfing next to me, sparks flying off his shoes at about 90 mph on I 95 on our way down to Miami while one of his friends, girlfriend sat backwards on the tank of a bike next to him video taping the whole circus act. I was a new rider, I had about 3 months under my belt and it was like a train wreck wanted to get away but I couldn't stop watching in amazement.:eek:

I loved the feeling of coming home with the streets deserted as if the end of the world had come, just laying into the throttle full blast all the way home on 1-95. I remeber passing a unmarked cop at 4 am doing about 160mph. I don't think he knew what passed him. I did'nt slowed down until I was sure he wasn't chasing me.:burnout:

I would love to meet up with some fellow Aprilia riders. I can be a good girl, I have a safe drivers license to prove it.:happy:

gpc111
08-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Miss Mile....As a So.Fla Aprilia boy i would be delighted to show you around,even with your BF...(More Aprilias the better)The keys are one thing but the ride is basically boring unless we stop for some RR at Pierre's at Islamorada. But as you mentioned ....cocktails... and riding... are a no-no with and the boy aswell. There is some nice riding From So.Fla out off of I-75 towards Naples onto SSSSnake Road into the Indian Reservation towards Clewiston/Naples or from your neck of Palm Beach/ Belle Glade,: towards Clewisonton into the Indian Resv. onto snake road is very cool.. We can hook up and have Breakfast in Clewiston or Naples and ride some decent roads to and from that area to anywhere in So.Fl.... Sundays, early morning are always the best to beat the traffic and any nosense.....Like the heat!

There's also a cool meeting joint off of Hwy 27 -South /Griffin Road.
On Sundays all types of bikes show and meet..If you guys have'nt been too ... its nice, and its on the way to the Keys..
This Sunday is no good for me but next week is open...
As you mention earlier todd @ lighting is the Man and is pretty well respected down south aswell.. If you talk or see him... tell him Guy said hello.:cheers:

In reference to a track day....If you hav'nt done Homestead "Do It" its the Shit! Probally the one of the best tracks out there!

Miss Mille
08-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Miss Mile....As a So.Fla Aprilia boy i would be delighted to show you around,even with your BF...(More Aprilias the better)The keys are one thing but the ride is basically boring unless we stop for some RR at Pierre's at Islamorada. But as you mentioned ....cocktails... and riding... are a no-no with and the boy aswell. There is some nice riding From So.Fla out off of I-75 towards Naples onto SSSSnake Road into the Indian Reservation towards Clewiston/Naples or from your neck of Palm Beach/ Belle Glade,: towards Clewisonton into the Indian Resv. onto snake road is very cool.. We can hook up and have Breakfast in Clewiston or Naples and ride some decent roads to and from that area to anywhere in So.Fl.... Sundays, early morning are always the best to beat the traffic and any nosense.....Like the heat!

There's also a cool meeting joint off of Hwy 27 -South /Griffin Road.
On Sundays all types of bikes show and meet..If you guys have'nt been too ... its nice, and its on the way to the Keys..
This Sunday is no good for me but next week is open...
As you mention earlier todd @ lighting is the Man and is pretty well respected down south aswell.. If you talk or see him... tell him Guy said hello.:cheers:

In reference to a track day....If you hav'nt done Homestead "Do It" its the Shit! Probally the one of the best tracks out there!

I will speak w/ the BF about next Sunday - we talking the 27th correct? I am hoping that we wil be at a GP party this Sunday.:cheers:

As far as Homestead goes - I just got back from Barber......didn't ride there but after seeing it I think that is where I want to 'break my cherry':eek: . If I'm gonna have a first time I would like to have on the best available track.:lover:

But again when is the track day there the end of this month or next month?

gpc111
08-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Miss Mille, Yes next Sunday the 27th..early
In reference to popping your cherry at Barber I would probally agree! That place is the ultimate track but the Museum is the best!
Wherever you go for your first trackday make sure you hook up with a good school..sportbiketracktime,penguin,team hammer..etc You'll get your certification and if you love it you can apply for your license and do open trackdays at Moroso which are offered all the time.:cheers:

Miss Mille
08-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Miss Mille, Yes next Sunday the 27th..early
In reference to popping your cherry at Barber I would probally agree! That place is the ultimate track but the Museum is the best!
Wherever you go for your first trackday make sure you hook up with a good school..sportbiketracktime,penguin,team hammer..etc You'll get your certification and if you love it you can apply for your license and do open trackdays at Moroso which are offered all the time.:cheers:

Spoke to another Aprilia rider and he is down for a ride next Sunday. I will see what I can find out tonight at bike night and if I can add to the group. The BF and Todd are going to do my swing arm conversion and go over the valves etc on my Falco next Saturday. I am hoping after that I will have a better idea how I want to paint her. I am so excited!

I am sure that Moroso is a good track for a local track day event but from what I see it looks like a badly paved parking lot. Call me a snob but I dont think I will be doing any track days out there. I'll wait for the big tracks.

So put your thinking cap on and give me an idea of when and where you wanna meet and where you want to ride to.

Miss Mille
08-22-2006, 07:43 AM
Hello out there, Mc Fly anyone,

Looking for people to ride this Sunday the 27th! Need to get our stuff together so that we can make plans and ride.

gpc111
08-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Hello out there, Mc Fly anyone,

Looking for people to ride this Sunday the 27th! Need to get our stuff together so that we can make plans and ride.

Miss Mille, I just drop a line to your BF I guess with that # you left me..
Sunday is go! I will touch base with my boys and see where they would like to ride...If you guys like we can meet in Clewisiton for breakfast and take you guys southwest into the indian reservation and onto snake rd which we will end up on I75 towards west Ft.Laud. sawgrass exspressway..from there you can take thd Tpike back north..probally a 150mile roundtrip for you Stuart kats.:cheers:

LostinBoston
08-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Im currently in NJ, but my bikes are in Ft. Lauderdale. Hopefully I'll be down for a track day or 2 this fall maybe moroso again or homestead, and will probably be riding back to Key West in november for the APBA offshore worlds. Anyone who wants to take the ride with me is more then welcome.

Miss Mille
08-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Im currently in NJ, but my bikes are in Ft. Lauderdale. Hopefully I'll be down for a track day or 2 this fall maybe moroso again or homestead, and will probably be riding back to Key West in november for the APBA offshore worlds. Anyone who wants to take the ride with me is more then welcome.

Moroso is in my back yard! Going to be at Homestead (watching) at the end of next month.

Always up to a trip to the Keys to eat some lunch at Sloppy Joes.
Last time I rode all the way down to Key West got a ticket that cost me $499a little expensive lunch trip but it was a day I will long remember. My Blackbird beat my former(then current) BF's Duc. Kicked his ass all over the place:bond: :happy: :) :burnout: My "mass produced Jap piece of junk" beat his "handcrafted performance machine" Thus the $499 fine and why he is former. Boy did I get sidetracked. For the record I am not bitter, I upgraded big time. Now he rides a Busa and I ride 2 Aprilias!:happy: :happy: :happy:

Keep me in mind when you plan your trip. Send me a PM and we will swap digits.

We are looking at a ride of about 20 this Sunday. Not all Aprilia but should be a good time. I just dread the early wake up call on Sunday. We are heading out west - got a way to go to be there on time.......I will require Starbucks big time.:tired:

gpc111
08-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Miss Mille, Its starting sound a liitle dramtic..I hope not...ealier the better,Will have cuban coffe instead of yours Starbucks and i promise it will taste better! Regardless they'll be less traffic and cooler(temp). I Don't mean to be so harsh but I just got back from Va. with my new FaXtory and hav'nt had much sleep. I was'nt able to stop by LMS today...It was stromy hard rain and it was running late, but say i hi for the boys for me while you pimp up the Falco this weekend.
Touch base with me on Sat.night to finalize details for Sunday, use my cell
Drive Fast & Hard always Safe.
Later..:cheers:

Miss Mille
08-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Miss Mille, Its starting sound a liitle dramtic..I hope not...ealier the better,Will have cuban coffe instead of yours Starbucks and i promise it will taste better! Regardless they'll be less traffic and cooler(temp). I Don't mean to be so harsh but I just got back from Va. with my new FaXtory and hav'nt had much sleep. I was'nt able to stop by LMS today...It was stromy hard rain and it was running late, but say i hi for the boys for me while you pimp up the Falco this weekend.
Touch base with me on Sat.night to finalize details for Sunday, use my cell
Drive Fast & Hard always Safe.
Later..:cheers:

No baby no drama. I'm a big girl I dont drink wine and I don't whine.

There are a few things in this life that I love/hate in life one of those is sleep. I hate to go to bed early, I love to stay up late and I hate to wake up early. I totally agree with the reasoning for getting up so early in the morning. Just be glad your not the BF who has to get me up on Sunday. I think he would rather dance with a bear.

Cuban coffe no ofense but I don't drink coffee. I drink only Starbucks Frapachinnos. Its like a frozen shot of sweet flavored energy for me. All my co workers agree I am turbo charged with it and miserable without it.

Storms were off the chain yesterday. I am on my way to LMS right now but there is thunder in the air already. Looks like wet t shirt time:) . They are working on the valves etc so the bike has to be cool. BF is coming by after work tonight to tear her down for tomorrow am. Less shop time for Todd. He is an awesome guy!

We are getting a pretty good group of guys to ride with. I love it being the token female. Are you bringing the Nera. If so I'll make sure to pack an extra set of panties!

Get some sleep I gotta blaze on the Falco to LMS.

gpc111
08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
No baby no drama. I'm a big girl I dont drink wine and I don't whine.

There are a few things in this life that I love/hate in life one of those is sleep. I hate to go to bed early, I love to stay up late and I hate to wake up early. I totally agree with the reasoning for getting up so early in the morning. Just be glad your not the BF who has to get me up on Sunday. I think he would rather dance with a bear.

Cuban coffe no ofense but I don't drink coffee. I drink only Starbucks Frapachinnos. Its like a frozen shot of sweet flavored energy for me. All my co workers agree I am turbo charged with it and miserable without it.

Storms were off the chain yesterday. I am on my way to LMS right now but there is thunder in the air already. Looks like wet t shirt time:) . They are working on the valves etc so the bike has to be cool. BF is coming by after work tonight to tear her down for tomorrow am. Less shop time for Todd. He is an awesome guy!

We are getting a pretty good group of guys to ride with. I love it being the token female. Are you bringing the Nera. If so I'll make sure to pack an extra set of panties!

Get some sleep I gotta blaze on the Falco to LMS.

I spoke to the BF earlier about sundays ride...I'm looking forward to hooking up with you guys and you as our female token rider....all the boys should have one.There should be more of you gals. I just heard the weather and we should be alright. I underdstand you guys are preparing to pimp up the Falco tonight and tommorrow.. if i don't go diving due to the seas, i'll make a trip up to LMS in the late mornig.
In reference to my ride on sunday, i'll probally bring the futura, In reference to My new ride its a 04' NERO Factory...meaning Black i thought..And Fuckin Bad!
not:worship: The "NERA FACTORY " which now I understand your pantie issue.
Its all good! Good luck with the Falco Job.
I'll touch base anyway Sat.night:cheers:

DTA76114
09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Come on guys.. all the build up and no report of how the ride went???? pictures? ....lol

Miss Mille
09-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Come on guys.. all the build up and no report of how the ride went???? pictures? ....lol

The ride went great and I think a new friendship was formed. We did about 350 miles that day and we were showed roads we never knew existed.

A week later the boys pulled out their leathers and headed over to Highlands county. I stayed home because someone left their ID at LMS and I was waiting for them to call me to meet them to get it.

I understand once again fun was had by all I think they did about 250 miles that morning. The BF showed them 'our' roads. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone but some pretty nasty storms rolled in and some kitchen passes ran out. So I only met with my BF and another friend afterwards at Yardhouse.

Homestead is at the end of this month. We all will be there at least 'us' from the north. I have to get in touch with Guy to see if he is coming. Maybe then pics will be posted!

SpeedTwin
09-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Well @#$%@#$&*, I'm just missin' out on all the fun stuck up here in frigin' Central Florida!!!! :bangwall:

Guess I'm gonna have to pack a lunch and a clean shirt and head down to join you all for some of the shenanigans someday.

Well, at least I'll be able to put some faces with names after Homestead. :D

Oh, and Todd wrenches for me when I can't fix it myself. Ask him how much he likes Daytona sometime, he, he, he.....

Yea Dayna, ask him about Mike Smith next time you're in there, he'll probably say, "Oh, the only guy I know that has blown two RSV motors in a year, that bone head....." LOL!!!! We have a "special" relationship, LOL!! But seriously, as you know, he is very cool and knows his shit, don't let him fool you when he starts talkin' all unenthusiastically about Aprilias.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you other South Florida folks at Homestead, if you're not riding, come on out and watch at least. See you soon!

Keep the rubber side down!!

Later,
Mike S.

DTA76114
09-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Great Miss Mille! Glad to hear it was as much fun as the anticipation. Always nice to hear a ride went as planned and everyone got home safely.

Miss Mille
09-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Well @#$%@#$&*, I'm just missin' out on all the fun stuck up here in frigin' Central Florida!!!! :bangwall:

Guess I'm gonna have to pack a lunch and a clean shirt and head down to join you all for some of the shenanigans someday.

Well, at least I'll be able to put some faces with names after Homestead. :D

Oh, and Todd wrenches for me when I can't fix it myself. Ask him how much he likes Daytona sometime, he, he, he.....

Yea Dayna, ask him about Mike Smith next time you're in there, he'll probably say, "Oh, the only guy I know that has blown two RSV motors in a year, that bone head....." LOL!!!! We have a "special" relationship, LOL!! But seriously, as you know, he is very cool and knows his shit, don't let him fool you when he starts talkin' all unenthusiastically about Aprilias.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you other South Florida folks at Homestead, if you're not riding, come on out and watch at least. See you soon!

Keep the rubber side down!!

Later,
Mike S.

My quote in life when it comes to Todd is this " he is the BEST thing about owning an Aprilia"

If you pit near us your going to have more help than you expect. Dustin (the BF) is riding on Sunday so he can wrench if needed. Marco, forget what his forum name is will be riding on Saturday but wrenching on Sunday.

Me... I'm in charge of drinks and cheerleading!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The Highlander
09-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Getting very jealous reading your posts about you lot riding in the sunshine, especially heading down to the keys.

Get out to Florida most years and have ridin out their a few times as my mate had a couple of bikes (Dyna Glide and a Chopper) but not quite the same as a Mille.

Usually head over the west coast to St Pete and then Sanibel Island, but have visted Coco, Daytona and driven down the Keys.
Enjoy your trackday at Homestead and If you can hire trackbikes I might join you sometime.:cheers:

SpeedTwin
09-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Well I hope the only wrenchin' I will need is to change over tires if we get rain, and I can handle that. I appreciate the offered support if needed though, always nice.

Other than that, I'm hoping for a "no issue" weekend, which the race bike has obliged so far this season (knock on wood!!!). I don't have time for drama when instructing, it's tough enough getting to the classroom, answering questions, getting some fluids in me, and back out onto the track off and on all day. It's tough duty, but I love it.....wouldn't trade it for anything!!

So, cheerleading huh.........you gonna jump up and down for us?!?!? :D

He, he, he........I'm so bad......

We'll see ya' soon,

Mike S.