PDA

View Full Version : How about workshop, engine and chassis parts manuals ?

AJSB
07-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Hello, im new here...
I like very much the design (and not only the visual but also the mechanical solutions) of the RXV 4.5/5.5 (actually i also like the SXV versions but i do off-road and not SM) and some time ago i was intersted to buy...but i discovered several issues with the bikes...and Aprilia.

1st was that bike didnt seemed to have an electrical fan...however i found out now that it actually is delivered with a el.fan kit...great !!!

2nd was that somehow beatifull, but ridiculous for off-road, number plate holder...however it seems also that the RXV is also delivered with a racing version of it...

I actually like the headlight but its also good to know that it also comes with a off-road racing headlight...

So...everything seems good right ? WRONG !!! :pissed: ...

....because Aprilia in my country (Portugal) are a bunch of SOBs: mad:

They refuse to give/sell to end users, the workshop manual or even th engine and chassis parts manuals !!!!...unless i give up the warranty o the bike !!! this is ridiculous because that doesnt happen with GasGas, Husqvarna, KTM, husaberg,etc...they even dare to say that if *i* change the engine oil instead of *them* (i.e. importer or Aprilia dealer) i also loose warranty :eek:
(However, all this talking with importer was before the actuall launch of the bikes...but the way hes voice sounded at phone, its they real policy here)

Now the strangest thing..in Aprilia site, you will find out that you can purchase several documents from Aprilia but not the above mentioned manuals...unless you select *Italian* language for the site !!!
They sell those manuals to Ialians but not for other nationalities ?!?

So, is there other way that i can get those manuals ?
If i get them i will possibly buy the bike, but otherwize i go to a Husaberg or KTM.

TIA

Alice Racing
07-16-2006, 05:15 AM
www.apriliaoffroad.com

Speak to Brian who will be happy to post you parts book.
Workshop manual is availble on the web, and on Ebay.

AJSB
07-16-2006, 06:44 AM
www.apriliaoffroad.com

Speak to Brian who will be happy to post you parts book.
Workshop manual is availble on the web, and on Ebay.

Thanks !...i will contact Brian...

However im still in trouble with the WorkShop manual...maybe i didnt explain it right...what i want is *engine service manual* the one that teaches how to dismantle a particular engine, lists the tools for doing it, give the parts tolerances , repair, assemble and adjust everything in that motor...what i found in eBay called as "workshop" manual was actually the freelly availble from Aprilia *owner's manual* (which is good but not good at all to do a DIY engine rebuid).

Do you think that Brian can also help me with that ?!?...or is there any other source to solve the problem ?...

...the d**n bikes look soo good but i ride 3000km per year of extreme hard off-road riding that will be allready expensive to mantain parts replacement
costs and i want to avoid the labor expense (im a experienced DIY "mechanic"...in my life i rebuilded 2S engines and 4S engines...im not scared with RXV maintnance...i just to have the right manuals even before buy bike to be sure that i will be able to do it)

TIA,
AJSB

Alice Racing
07-16-2006, 10:17 AM
The full workshop manual, inc rebuilding engine, is on Ebay.

AJSB
07-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Alice,
are you talking about itm "Aprilia RXV SXV 450 550 Workshop Manual" with item number: 4641436541 ?

If so, that manual doesnt seem to be the correct one !
I choosed the option to display some sample pages of it and it shows the manual being sould to have a total of 177 pages and pages 102 , 135 and 143 of it as samples...said samples and total amount are exactly same pages (i.e. page 102 of "workshop" manual is equal to page 102 of owners manual,etc.) of the owners manual freely avaiable from Aprilia and that manual i allready downloaded and *doesnt* have any engine rebuid info.

Maybe the seller screwed big time and used wrong sample pages, i dont know and thats my problem with that manual at eBay...

...or is it a diferent ebay item number that i should look at ?

TIA,
AJSB

AJSB
07-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Well i emailed Brian @ apriliaoffroad and the online seller of the "workshop" with my questions (if Brian could sell manuals and if the "workshop" was indeed the real thing) yesterday in the morning and i continue w/o answers....so much for the RXV 550 :pissed:

OZRS
07-18-2006, 03:12 AM
I have the file but it's 13MB, so i would have to split it up into smaller files to email it. PM me if you can't find it anywhere else.

bounty
07-20-2006, 03:01 AM
On the Aprilia dealers network, there are currently 2 manuals. The 1st one is the owner and general maintenance manual that is also available from Aprilia download site mentionned here above...

The 2nd one is the engine maintenance manual. It quite fresh as it appeard a couple of weeks ago on the dealers network... Unfortunately, I only have the french version ...

AJSB
07-20-2006, 08:43 AM
On the Aprilia dealers network, there are currently 2 manuals. The 1st one is the owner and general maintenance manual that is also available from Aprilia download site mentionned here above...

The 2nd one is the engine maintenance manual. It quite fresh as it appeard a couple of weeks ago on the dealers network... Unfortunately, I only have the french version ...

Greg, i dont mind that is in French !...i understand french...
Can you send it to me ?!?...or is there a way that i can download it directly from the Aprilia Dealer Network ?

TIA,
AJSB

bounty
07-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Greg, i dont mind that is in French !...i understand french...
Can you send it to me ?!?...or is there a way that i can download it directly from the Aprilia Dealer Network ?

TIA,
AJSB

You need to be, or know, a dealer to be able to download it from the dealers network.

I'll see if I can obtain the english version the next time I see my dealer...

AJSB
07-20-2006, 04:11 PM
You need to be, or know, a dealer to be able to download it from the dealers network.

I was expecting that...but like i said, i understand French so can you send me the French version by email ? if so, i will PM you with an email address to where you can send it...

TIA,
AJSB

sprint
07-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Can you send this manual to me?
Thank you

bigbike@menta.net

www.supermotardclub.com

AJSB
07-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Bounty tryed to send it to me but i still didnt receive it...he didnt send it directly but using a program....maybe im doing something wrong...

Saddly, the program lists several other aprilia engine manuals but doesnt find the uploaded file by Bounty :(

VEETWOTLS
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
i'm after one for the MY08 4.5 if anyone can help

bodean
02-05-2010, 11:18 PM
AF1 has all the manuals, just pay for it and download.

VEETWOTLS
02-06-2010, 05:30 AM
AF1 has all the manuals, just pay for it and download.

ok thanks ;)