PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

BBQ Chef
08-31-2003, 10:50 AM
I was just going over my Tuono before going out for a ride and noticed that there was oil in the belly pan. Last time I was out, I noticed that teh oil level was a little low and assumed that it was just a little consumption during break in and now I find this mess. I can't see where it is dripping from, but I haven't taken the belly pan off yet. Has anyone else experinced this and did you find out the problem?

This sucks as now I can't ride it.:(

BBQ Chef
08-31-2003, 01:42 PM
I found the leak. It is at the oil sensor where it screws into the engine.

Bill in OKC
08-31-2003, 01:43 PM
I'll take a SWAG at it. OOPS I was wrong - that what I get for swagging...

BBQ Chef
09-01-2003, 10:58 AM
I saw your original post and that was my initial thought too. But then I went over it with my brother who is an engineer with GM and spends most days looking for small problems just like this and he figured it out. Now I am going to have to get it fixed under waranty. This may be difficult as my dealer just got the Aprilia franchise about a month ago and has no parts in stock yet. I am still waiting to get the first service done w/ 800 miles on the bike because he doesn't even have the shop manuals in yet.

desmoface
09-01-2003, 11:37 AM
No leakage that I can see on me 03 with about 570 miles on it..I'll keep an eye out though..

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

Pimmie
09-01-2003, 01:32 PM
I've had a similar problem with my Ducati 748S...

Problem was solved by screwing the sensor out, cleaning the threads and screwing it back in with the right torque...

Pimmie
09-04-2003, 01:12 AM
After yesterdays ride I had some oil on my left boot and now it looks like my Tuono has sprung a leak as well.
I was close to the bike shop so I rode her there and they checked it out...
The lower fairing was fairly wet on the inside and there was some oil on the left side of the swingarm.
We cleaned it and after running her for a bit there was some oil coming from the left engine casing (the round one with Aprilia stamped on it).
The shop called around and they found a gasket at another bike shop which they'll be receiving on friday so saturday or next week I'll bring my Tuono to the bike shop and hope the gasket will solve the leak.
I'll keep ya'll posted...

Manu
09-04-2003, 05:38 AM
You've checked the oil tank drain plug I presume....;)

Pimmie
09-04-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Manu
You've checked the oil tank drain plug I presume....;)

But off course my Dear Watson!
:)
Thanx for the suggestion though

Pimmie
09-14-2003, 02:37 PM
The gasket finally came in and I'm bringing my bike to the shop on thursday but after todays ride I'm not so sure if the leak is at the round crankcase cover on the left....
It's just a light oil sweat which accumilates in the belly pan after dripping of the oil tank but the oil looks to be coming off the engine from behind the oil tank, anyone knows what may be behind there able to leak??:confused: