PDA

View Full Version : Zero Gravity test ride

skyhigh31
08-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Just completed an 80 mile test loop this morning.

Pics will be posted tonight.

I ended up using sae 10x24x1/2 button head cap screws, stainless steel, with ss washer on the outside and the orginal rubber washer on the inside. The cap screw look just the two screws at the top of the fairing that hold the fairing to the frame. I think it looks just fine and works.

The ride started out in the rain and ended dry and included back roads and a thirty mile haul down the inerstate.

Some knew wind noise was noted. Not really what I would call loud, just more than was there before. At around eighty mph, I also noted a small amount buffet at about chin level, but very light. But what I did note right away, was I did not feel like I was water skiing behind a fast boat.

The screen takes all of the pressure off the body. Oh, I stand 5'10" and just installed a sargent seat for the ride. It was great, just what I was hoping for. I was able to sustain a speed of 107 mph for and extended period with my left hand in my lap and my right hand resting on the throttle rocker, and thats the whole truth. Can you say highspeed touring.

At 110 mph I did have to place both hands on the bars, but I was still sitting straight up without having to use a deathgrip. At around 115 I did have to use a slight tuck up to 125 where the highspeed part of the test ended.

I believe it would be great at the track for highspeed runs when you need somthing to tuck behind.

I was looking for something that would let me cover ground at speeds between 80 and 100 without having to lay on the tank and this product is the answer for me. I did not expereince any more turbulance at 100+ than I did on my r1150rt bmw at the same speeds..totally impressed! It works.

"Yes Mildred, one hundred miles per hour in the rain."

" We were only below ten thousand feet for a couple of seconds, we took the shot, there was no danger."

Ride safe,(right)

Lee

X-CBR MAN
09-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Dude, just installed the zero gravity double bubble on my mille, dam, i like it, at first thought it was hugh there in front of me but after a few no prob, now, 80mph, dont feal a thing, no more tossed around from wind shear, nice fealing, lot more quiet allso, no more head buffiting either, ilike it, thanx af1

ApexMolester
09-04-2003, 09:45 PM
they sent an email today saying it has shipped, so by next week i'll have mine installed.

thanks for your report!

dbl_aitch
09-05-2003, 09:34 AM
Great feedback, thanks! Guess I know what my next purchase is...