PDA

View Full Version : AF1 Racing Tuono Factory!

Micah / AF1 Racing
06-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Guys, you need to check this out....trust me, this is the way you want to go if the budget allows!

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87119&page=6

I built the first Tuono Factory in the USA today...enjoy the pics in the other thread, there are a LOT of detail shots!

BTW, Jon and Ed cooked this idea up. It turned out so awesome! Look very closely and see how many parts that are not stock you can spot.

Micah / AF1 Racing
06-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Some detail right here....how many metals in one pic?

Micah / AF1 Racing
06-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Ohh my God, I might have just wet myself!

Micah / AF1 Racing
06-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Yup...I am pretty sure I soiled my undies just now...Ohlins is the best, just look at this gold-ness. It feels real nice too.

Micah / AF1 Racing
06-14-2006, 11:37 PM
And last but not least, my two favorite shots from today:

Micah / AF1 Racing
06-14-2006, 11:38 PM
The final answer!
I love this shot...the business end of the bike.

Arnie
06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Looks friggin awesome! Love all the trick bits. How about more pics of the Leo cans on it?

AZRen
06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
WoW! That's incredible.

Parts and price list please and I'll get started.

You guys should just package all this up on the site with an "add" button next to it.

Ed / AF1 Racing
06-15-2006, 12:07 AM
wait till the forged OZ wheels go on....they're here waiting to go to powdercoat...

DRADE
06-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Guys, you need to check this out....trust me, this is the way you want to go if the budget allows!

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87119&page=6

I built the first Tuono Factory in the USA today...enjoy the pics in the other thread, there are a LOT of detail shots!

BTW, Jon and Ed cooked this idea up. It turned out so awesome! Look very closely and see how many parts that are not stock you can spot.

what type of mirrors are those?? I see a couple of forum members have them on are they so good? plus could you tell me what type of crash bungs you have on (I know I know, I've asked info on the most boring parts..........)

Ed / AF1 Racing
06-15-2006, 12:34 AM
the mirrors are the CRG lanesplits we sell, and the mounts are the Rhino-Moto bar-ends specific for them. The levers are also CRG shorties.

The sliders are Woodcraft front sliders, and Rhino-Moto F and R axle sliders.

All of the parts on that bike (except forks) are available right now in our online store. We just went "shopping" down our own parts aisles, and put stuff on the bike.

It also has
Acculign rearsets (I want to change to the black ones though)

Carbon F fender, Carbon R fender (not installed yet), Carbon chain guard, carbon sprocket cover (coming), carbon toe guard, more carbon is coming

Leo Vince high-mount pipes

Evoluzione Race airbox kit

Evoluzione LP bracket when it needs a license plate

Clear front and rear turn signals

Black Billet 1/4 Turn gas cap

Ferodo BrakeTech Axxis Iron Brake Rotors

Ti bolts

When the new dyno room is finished (almost done) she'll get a PCIII with a full custom map too.

It will also be getting some Brembo radial brake/clutch pumps with CRG radial shorty levers.

AZRen
06-15-2006, 12:39 AM
You just pull the forks off a Factory Ed? They look brand new.

Got another question off topic so I'll pm you.

Ed / AF1 Racing
06-15-2006, 12:44 AM
You just pull the forks off a Factory Ed? They look brand new.

Got another question off topic so I'll pm you.

yep, right off a leftover 2004 Factory demo....it had a few miles on it

AZRen
06-15-2006, 12:46 AM
So the forks and the lower clamps and your GOLDEN so to speak?

Ed / AF1 Racing
06-15-2006, 12:47 AM
yep...you also need the Factory top nut for the stock Tuono top tree

I'll look up exact prices for all the new parts tomorrow at the shop.....new, the front end will run about $2300 total if I remember correctly

Beau1K
06-15-2006, 02:26 AM
So how much are you guys selling this baby for?

Philh
06-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Awesome bike!!

Wonder how it would look with a full belly fairing as fitted to old Tuono Racing??

desmoface
06-15-2006, 09:07 AM
OH MAN, that is one sweet looking bike..Like the last poster asked, how much for the bike?

Steve

Ed / AF1 Racing
06-15-2006, 10:40 AM
OH MAN, that is one sweet looking bike..Like the last poster asked, how much for the bike?

Steve

Hard to say....make us an offer.... :burnout:

When its done, its pretty much a real Tuono Factory with lots of aftermarket extras, so think RSVR Factory price plus the extras with free labor.

Maxacceleration
06-15-2006, 10:33 PM
That is one badda$$ Tuono! And those rotors are awesome!
I could use those three Ohlins pieces & BrakeTech rotors on mine.
The only part thats sucks about that bike is that its not mine. :burnout:
(I know, you'll make me a smokin' deal)
Nice job AF1.
:worship:

Befbever
06-16-2006, 04:27 AM
It will also be getting some Brembo radial brake/clutch pumps with CRG radial shorty levers.
Good idea. It'll look right silly with all this trick stuff and the stock non-radial pumps.

the mirrors are the CRG lanesplits we sell
Lanesplits is a funny name for these as they make the bike even wider. I'm pretty sure it's a lot wider than mine, my bar ends being the widest part of my bike.

bikesinmud
06-20-2006, 04:50 PM
keep the pics coming and the parts list for all those extras when pulling pieces off an older factory. Once my Tuono arrives I'll be doing the same.

Ed what color did you powdercoat your OZ rims? post pics asap. :cheers:

Tuono Newb
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
If I could, I would plunk the cash down right now on that bike!

You guys are so lucky - I'm still waiting for the Canadian distributor to confirm that the Canadian versions have left Italy. I can't tell you how much that sucks - I am spending my waiting time finding flaws in my current ride and looking for ways to spend money to improve that one, when all I really want to do is ride "my" Tuono!

Good thing the local Toronto bike market sucks so badly that no one carries aftermarket goodies for anything related to my current ride ('05 FJR 1300)! So really all I can do is ride the FJR and cook my lower legs in the crappy Toronto traffic and then go home and flip through magazines drooling over aftermarket stuff that I can't get in Canada!

But really, I'm not bitter! Keep posting the pictures - at least I can pretend to have control over which color of Tuono I prefer!

Jim

SlipinSlidin
06-27-2006, 07:45 PM
I wanted a Factory Tuono, any idea when they should be coming out? Don't even see anything on their Euro website yet? And do you have any retail prices for us on the forks and shock yet?

AZRen
07-21-2006, 11:34 PM

So Ed lets get an update. Did you get the pumps on there?

Can you swap with the RSV radial pumps without modification?

Jon / AF1 Racing
07-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Tuono factory is coming along nicely. We have some carbon incoming, and some beautiful blue Marchesini rims about to be mounted.

The brake and clutch line will have to be replaced to put on the radial pumps, and there are no provisions for mounting the mirrors off the radial pumps. The mounting caps are different style and not available with mirror holes for the OEM mirrors.

I am amazed that nobody has thrown down the cash for this bike yet??? You all know it will be the badest on the block and unparalleled for at least a year,until the Aprilia Tuono Factory arrives.

We are about to turn it into an AF1 bike and just keep the best for ourselves.

AZRen
07-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Jon, why do the brake and clutch lines need to be replaced?

Beau1K
07-31-2006, 02:32 AM
I am amazed that nobody has thrown down the cash for this bike yet???

Well..........how much do you guys want for it?

Put an ad in the "for sale section"...you might be surprised ;)

thejayman
07-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Last year there was some talk that the new ceramic rotors were the greatest thing on earth.......what happened with that?

Rlhay2
08-01-2006, 08:15 PM
ceramic rotors .......what happened with that?

Great product! Just not so easy to reproduce reliably. Many of the rotors would not pass the final QA and thus were scrapped.

Too many in fact. Thus production was abandoned until a better method to produce them affordably is found.
--
RH

nuton2wheels
08-01-2006, 10:19 PM
How do you guys intend on mounting the reservoirs for the brembo clutch and front brake radial masters? I know they don't come with provisions for mounting mirrors OR reservoirs...

AZRen
08-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Good question. The mirrors I'm not worried about. Need to investigate how they setup the RSV. May have to make some more billet brackets:)

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-02-2006, 12:27 AM
we are going to use integrated reservoirs, like these. The angular look to them will fit in nicely, and bleeding them is so cool. The top bleeder is inside the reservoir (no mess), just crack it open and it "recycles" itslef.

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1823

mirrors, we have CRGs on it......we hope to have an option in the future for the stock mirrors too, it'll need custom clamps to go with the new pumps.

AZRen
08-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Ed is that the whole kit your using or just the integrated reservoirs?

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-02-2006, 08:37 AM
same pumps, different lines of course