PDA

View Full Version : Pics......Secdem windscreen

FredE
06-12-2006, 11:28 PM
My Secdem Haute Protection windscreen in fume noir (dark smoke) finally got here from France. I immediately cut off the "Pointy-Alien Queen-Head" part of it, cleaned it up w/files & sandpaper, and mounted it. I'd have tested it too, if not for my shot rear tire. As soon as I get a new set of tires, I'll test it for windblast effectiveness & report.

Pics:

DRADE
06-12-2006, 11:54 PM
definetly looks much better without the pointy end, but i do wonder what has happened to its ability to protect you from the wind...

AZRen
06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Fred,

you got a strait on shot you could post? Nice stable BTW!

T06
06-13-2006, 02:45 AM
Sigourney Weaver would be proud of ya. Definately a huge improvement in the visual department.

twin4me
06-13-2006, 03:16 AM
What was the Alien Queen part you refer to?

Also - does anyone else think that the new Tuono could do with a cover on the back of the lights to tidy up all the wiring and bulb holders. I was thinking the other day how easy it would be for someone to help themselves to my headlight bulbs. I would be interested in getting something like this made if I could find someone to make this. Anyone else?

T06
06-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Alien refers to the movie of the same name that Sigourney Weaver starred in. A Sci-fi horror if you like. Had two sequels if my remember is good.

twin4me
06-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Alien refers to the movie of the same name that Sigourney Weaver starred in. A Sci-fi horror if you like. Had two sequels if my remember is good.

Umm, yep I realise that... I was asking what part FredE cut off...

"I immediately cut off the "Pointy-Alien Queen-Head" part of it, cleaned it up w/files & sandpaper, and mounted it."

chrisscaines
06-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I agree about the lack of finish on the back of the nose/cockpit area. Look at what MV Agusta did withe the Brutale - the light and dash are the windprotection, perfectly formed, enclosed, you can close follow with no chance of paint chipping, etc., because there is no paint up front. Best in the business.

I was waiting for a long time before I bought the tuono, waiting for the redesign of the front... they got halfway done with it... looks great, but it could be up there with MV Agusta.

TuonoGrant
06-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Good decision to cut the point off it. Would be interested to know how it performs. I do like the factory extended version too. Has anyone in the UK seen the screens from Busters? On doing a search i see they have a few options on their for the 06 models - with no pics though.

FredE
06-13-2006, 09:19 PM
What was the Alien Queen part you refer to?

When the windscreen arrived, it still had the pointy section (peice in the last pic of the original post) attached to it. In that original state, it very much resembled the Queen monster's (from the movie "Alien") elongated, pointy skull. Needless to say, that did not please me. I removed the very top pointy section, making the screen (IMO) MUCH more visually palatable.

you got a strait on shot you could post?

Here ya go:

DRADE
06-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Good decision to cut the point off it. Would be interested to know how it performs. I do like the factory extended version too. Has anyone in the UK seen the screens from Busters? On doing a search i see they have a few options on their for the 06 models - with no pics though.

when you say factory extended version do you mean the windscreen in the picture I have attached?

TuonoGrant
06-14-2006, 02:35 AM
when you say factory extended version do you mean the windscreen in the picture I have attached? Thats the one i like - its really expensive still so i will wait for a similar aftermarket to come through - or the prices to drop.

Beau1K
06-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Fred's bike looks like it has a mowhawk. LOL...love it though!

FredE
06-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I've gotten a chance to test the self-abbreviated version of Secdem's Haute Protection windscreen, and the results are good. The windblast at 80 MPH has moved up over my shoulders, and no longer lifts my helmet. There's still some acceptable level of buffeting, but that's to be expected on a naked bike.

There's a big side benefit I did not expect: I don't have to use my lower back nearly as much to resist the wind at speed. I know you T7 owners understand what I'm talking about. I am VERY happy about this development - it means I can go longer with less fatigue, and this is a good thing.

Also, here's a better straight-on shot for the guy who requested it. It is quite a bit taller than the Aprilia stocker, but not freakishly so. Doesn't look too bad IMO, and does the biz:

Beau1K
06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Can you do a closeup like this please? It's hard to tell that far away.

ALSO...if you upload to something like www.photobucket.com - you can "hotlink" and post really big images...like this....

www.photobucket.com/tuonocloseup.jpg

T06
06-16-2006, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=twin4me]Umm, yep I realise that... I was asking what part FredE cut off...

QUOTE]
Pay attention now!:)

That norwegian
06-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Fabbri makes these screens with what they call "satined dark smoke" finish http://www.fabbriaccessori.com/Edouble.htm
(check out the Duc and the Honda). Had one on my previous Mille. High quality product!
Think that finish would look great on the black Tuono, but none of my mails with question about any plans of getting the Tuono in their product range has been answered.