PDA

View Full Version : picked my sxv5.5 up at the weekend

teej710
06-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Well got mine, restricted at mo, so i get some warranty in these early days. Needed it, back at dealers after 2 miles of riding. Nothin to bad, brake light problems. Will be unrestricted.

Wot a joke, pretty much unusable restricted, touch the throttle and it starts missin !!!!! Don't know how aprilia could possibly claim this could be used for the road. Would have been better just to limit the revs say to 9K and with no restriction, you get no warranty at all !!!.

Don't know if everyone has experienced this with their bike, but I got no owners hand book or any form of spares kit.

And is a tickover of 2800 rpm normal on SXVs ???

Even so, its the dogs privates

cheers

teej

FORZA
06-05-2006, 05:13 PM
They will idle happily around 1900/2000rpm.

I havent seen one restricted yet so I cant tell you if its normal or not.

Dave

Beau1K
06-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Sounds sorta like a mixed review...are you happy with your buy?

Well got mine, restricted at mo, so i get some warranty in these early days. Needed it, back at dealers after 2 miles of riding. Nothin to bad, brake light problems. Will be unrestricted.

Wot a joke, pretty much unusable restricted, touch the throttle and it starts missin !!!!! Don't know how aprilia could possibly claim this could be used for the road. Would have been better just to limit the revs say to 9K and with no restriction, you get no warranty at all !!!.

Don't know if everyone has experienced this with their bike, but I got no owners hand book or any form of spares kit.

And is a tickover of 2800 rpm normal on SXVs ???

Even so, its the dogs privates

cheers

teej

OZRS
06-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Dave,
Any news when they are going to be landing in Sydney yet?

FORZA
06-05-2006, 09:09 PM
End of the month.

Dave.

OZRS
06-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Top news. I went and spoke to my dealer about ordering the kit pipe, but he couldn't give me any information? Do you have some details you can share yet?

teej710
06-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Yep, happy with the bike, but a bit disappointed with aprilia. Would have liked to have used it in restricted state for a bit, just to shake out any gremlins while it was warranted. I have a past history of bad luck with new italian bikes.

They've pretty much forced my hand to have it unrestricted, which has always been my intention, but i will have to do it sooner rather than later now. Wouldn't be so bad if you got a spares kit and a manual with it.

My comments are more for people expecting to buy it as a road bike and get 2yrs warranty.

As for the tickover, I'll get that sorted during de-restriction

cheers

Nosferatu
06-08-2006, 05:18 AM
I have a SXV 5.5 and I have taken all the restrictions out, reprogrammed the ECU with the latest mapping, did the TPS re-learning, adjusted the idle to 2100-2200 when hot (thats about 4,5% on the TPS), its working wonderfully :cheers:

XTN
06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I have a SXV 5.5 and I have taken all the restrictions out, reprogrammed the ECU with the latest mapping, did the TPS re-learning, adjusted the idle to 2100-2200 when hot (thats about 4,5% on the TPS), its working wonderfully :cheers:

Any indication on rwhp ?

Grappa
06-09-2006, 09:11 AM

could you give us more details about that?

I've got mine RXV550 last Monday and drove two tanks of feul driving with all the restrictions. a real pain opening the throttle.
this weekend I'd like working on my own for having all the power that should be there.

I know there shuold be two cones on the pipe collector, a block on the throttle and the ecu to remap.
where did you get your map? I've an axone available ;)

what is it tps re-learning? do you set the idle is via ecu?
I've got mine on Belgium and she came with 16kw. awful

was someone looking for the manual? at least this is in color
http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public/lumAprilia/SXV RXV 450-550/SXV RXV 450-550 Italiano 2006.pdf just http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public/lumAprilia for other languages and manuals

teej710
06-10-2006, 05:18 AM
cheers grappa, just downloaded the manual, pity the dealer couldn't have supplied this info. :happy:

Nosferatu
06-10-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm a distributor for aprilia here in Iceland so I have the Axone.

Remove the exhaust silencer to access those 2 cones, remove them, put back together

There is a throttle stop in the airbox that you can access by lifting the fuel tank or taking it completely off, then you remove the airbox cover and filter, unscrew the top half of the airbox and then you can access a screw that is on the left side of the bike, when that screw has been removed then you have full throttle, put everything back together.

Now you need to get Axone to relearn the maximum throttle (TPS = Throttle Position Sensor)

Load latest map from Axone

It is also advisable to synchronise the throttle bodies.

Grappa
06-11-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm a distributor for aprilia here in Iceland so I have the Axone.

Remove the exhaust silencer to access those 2 cones, remove them, put back together

There is a throttle stop in the airbox that you can access by lifting the fuel tank or taking it completely off, then you remove the airbox cover and filter, unscrew the top half of the airbox and then you can access a screw that is on the left side of the bike, when that screw has been removed then you have full throttle, put everything back together.

Now you need to get Axone to relearn the maximum throttle (TPS = Throttle Position Sensor)

Load latest map from Axone

It is also advisable to synchronise the throttle bodies.

thanks a lot. i'll do it asap.

the tough part will be the tsp. i've an axone available but never used and no idea of where i could download a map. ;)