PDA

View Full Version : lowering the foot pegs 1" or so????

mrpete64
08-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Has anyone tried to lower the foot pegs an inch or so? I would be up for suggestions. At 6'2"...and long legs....if the foot pegs were a bit lower things would be....perfect!!

Garp
08-26-2003, 10:57 AM
If you can live with a serrated metal peg, you can just unbolt the rubber part of the peg. I did that this weekend, and it gives about 3/4 of an inch additional room. For me that was enough to allow my legs to tuck into the cutouts in the tank

Ergo
08-26-2003, 07:57 PM
According to what I've read (correct!?), the pegs are the same as a BMW GS...which has many options available re: lowering! :D

How deep are your pockets/pegs??! How low did you want to go?

NJCAPO
09-01-2003, 07:06 AM
i removed the rubber from the front pegs....i like it much better! put on about 600 miles this weekend , i'm keeping it this way.
try it ...you'll like it
tony

bmyates
09-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Ergo wrote:
> According to what I've read (correct!?), the pegs are the same as a BMW GS<

I do not think that is correct. I bought my Capo from the same dealer as my BMW K1200LT, and while the Capo was in for service, I asked the parts and service guys to see if ANY pegs of other bikes they had would fit the Capo (so I'd know if I could buy peg-lowering kits for that bike to use on the Capo). They said several were NEAR fits, but none would actually work, including the GS.

I've yet to find any bike with compatible pegs, so removing the rubber is the only option I know of for lowering the Capo's pegs.

Bruce