PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket and Cans... Help please

Gbuch21
06-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I am the proud new owner of a Red Tuono R. Aprilia virgin as a matter of fact... always been a Duc/BMW guy.... and the ever mounting questions still remain.

#1 should I change out to the smaller sprocket that came with the bike....plusses and minuses of doing so?

#2 dealer is trying to push TigCraft on me. I have heard them and they absolutely whale without the insert in... a little to rich for me. If I want the additional performance w/out the wake the neighbor roar, what are we liking?

Thanks

AZRen
06-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the new ride.

1. I think the general consensus is that the stock gearing is too high. I never rode mine with the 16t but I can tell you the 15t is :plus:

2. As far as exhaust you have the main 3. Arrow, Acros and Leo Vince. They all have removeable baffles. I have Leos showing up tomorrow so I'll report back on those. But there is pleanty of praise for them here which is why I bought them. I've had Arrows and they are quite nice. Look good, sound good and make good power.

oatisc
06-01-2006, 02:14 PM
The Tig's are loud but they are the best looking.

monkey hanger
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Had a Tuono for a few weeks now, and first impressions after being on 4cyl 600's for 2 years were, clunky at low revs and lots of clutch slipping around town. Got the smaller sprocket fitted at first service and its made it a lot nicer around town. Unreal accelaration to boot! :)

chrisscaines
06-01-2006, 04:21 PM
sprocket change was noticeable, but not too. The new Leo Vince hi-mounts made all the difference.

SlipinSlidin
06-01-2006, 07:06 PM
One minus of having the 15T counter shaft sprocket would be the ringing it will make. The factory sprocket is coated on all the surface except where the chain rubs with some type of rubber. This in turn quiet's thing very nice, it's one of those things you would never know is there until it's gone.

DaleInPhoenix
06-01-2006, 11:41 PM
#1 should I change out to the smaller sprocket that came with the bike....plusses and minuses of doing so?

Gbuch,
Swap the sprockets out and try each one. It takes about 20 minutes to complete the operation including removing the clutch slave cylinder.

I prefer the 15T for around town riding and the 16T for trips to the mountains (250+ mile days) where there's not a lot of stop and go riding. I don't notice any ringing with the 15T without the rubber.

Ren,
I gotta hear your Leo Vince's! Where did you order them from? Will you run a PCIII or just the straight Map2?

Dale

AZRen
06-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Ren,
I gotta hear your Leo Vince's! Where did you order them from? Will you run a PCIII or just the straight Map2?

Dale

Dale,

I bought them from AF1. I hope to get away without a PC but I'll add it if it needs it. Once I get her back on the road I'll hit you up so you can hear them. I have some other knick knacks coming as well. :happy:

Maxacceleration
06-02-2006, 12:26 AM
I have not yet tried the 15t sprocket.
But I'll say I do like the 16t sprocket just fine. You can accelerate up to speed instantly in first without shifting.
And my bike wheelies easily hitting second gear with the 16t. 3rd lifts over rises in the road.
Not sure I need a MORE easily wheelie-ing bike with the 15t lol.
The motor just pulls even with the 16t...
And I kinda like the lumpity-lump of the Italian hotrod around town!

T06
06-02-2006, 01:15 AM
It takes about 20 minutes to complete the operation including removing the clutch slave cylinder.

I don't consider myself that handy on the spanners but I didn't have to take the slave cylinder off.Whats up with that Dale?

DaleInPhoenix
06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't consider myself that handy on the spanners but I didn't have to take the slave cylinder off.Whats up with that Dale?

I found with a new chain (no side-to-side slack) it was easier to loosen the rear wheel, slide it all the way forward, remove the clutch slave cylinder (3 bolts) and pull the chain off the sprocket. The sprocket slides off and on the spline without have to flex the chain.

Other than that, it's no more complex than adjusting the slack in the chain.

Dale