PDA

View Full Version : Scarbeo Ditech

Bryce Ludwig
08-25-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm looking at scooters right now, and I'm planning to buy one to use as my primary transportation in town and on campus. Reliability is a must. What kind of maintenance do Scarabeo Ditech 50s require, what problems have there been on them, and what's a typical price to pay for the dealer to derestrict (the one here says $65 for a Scarabeo Ditech, and $170 for a Mojito)?

The other scooters I've looked at are the Piaggio LT50, the Kymco People 50 (not a favorite), and the Malaguti Ciak 50 (haven't ridden that one yet). I know y'all like Aprilias, but how does it compare to these other scoots?

Ciao,
Bryce

motofluzzi
09-09-2003, 10:09 PM
I paid my dealer ( in WDC, USA) $45 to derestrict my Scab DiTech. They apparently do it with a Game Boy on injected scoots. On carbed scoots, it may cost more. I dunno.

Mojito is a cool retro scoot, but is a carb model.

I don't want to be a snob (but in fact I am, which is why I'm in this forum). The People 50 is a great performing, economical scoot. My ride buddy has one. It's a personal decision about whether you can feel good about taking a Taiwanese scoot to bed or not.

I can't. But it's a personal thing.