PDA

View Full Version : Two-up on a Tuono & RPM range

ksuibom
08-23-2003, 04:17 PM
I was just wondering if anyone would relate any experience they've had with carrying a passenger on their Tuono. Will it absolutely suck on those rare occasions that my old lady wants to go for a ride with me?

Also, what RPM range do you find yourself running in "most of the time" around town and/or on twisty country roads?

Cheers,

Mark

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds... —Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Pimmie
08-24-2003, 03:14 AM
I guess it depends on your ladies 'dimensions'....

I've had my girlfriend on the back and the bike isn't bothered by it at all, I hardly notice her except when braking hard. Since the Tuono hasn't got grab rails your pillion has to use the rider as support so to speak...
If your lady has the same killer thighs as mine you'll be in for quite as squeeze because the pillions knees will be somewhere around your hips.

As for revs, between 3 and 5 thou...

ksuibom
08-24-2003, 06:03 AM
Thank you. I'd have thought more folks would have ridden passengers............................

My 110lb. lady rides horses, so I guess I WILL be in for quite a squeeze :-)

But I was more interested to hear what the passenger felt. Is it really uncomfortable? Frightening?

Pimmie
08-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Nope, certainly not frightening...
2 weeks ago she won a pillion ride on the Ducati Desmosedici with Randy Mamola...

A pillion ride with me, even on the Tuono doesn't scare her anymore...

Don't take it fast over 7000, then you and her will be ok!:D

Manu
08-24-2003, 11:32 AM
My GF once tried the Tuono as pillion for some short 20 miles ride and then said "Not anymore... Thanks". The main complain was she couldn't reach the tank anymore and rest on it, due to the straighter position and narrower tank shape compared to former Superhawk....

Now she's speaking of selling all her (MC related) gears :(

Ok ... maybe I took the rev at bit too high for that first 2 two-up ride :o

DutchTuono
08-24-2003, 12:17 PM
First of all I have to say, my lady (116LBS) does not like high speed and freeway riding, so if and when, it is for short hauls in and around town. But in a complement to the Tuono, after many many jap crotch-rockets, she 's told me that this is her most favorate bike . This simply is because she can now sit straight-up instead of having to lean over forward. She loves it. And I have to admit, I feeel the same, it's my favorate as well, ever .....!
RPM's, when she's on the back, 3K to 6 K . Of course my TuonoR is still a virgin with 500mls on her. But than again, I never challenged her pillion riding skills when I had my Jap bikes because I know for sure that she would never ride with me again if I would push my bikes to much!
For Pimmie .... zijn de temperaturen wat lager intussen in Zoetermeer?

Pimmie
08-25-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by DutchTuono
First of all I have to say, my lady (116LBS) does not like high speed and freeway riding, so if and when, it is for short hauls in and around town. But in a complement to the Tuono, after many many jap crotch-rockets, she 's told me that this is her most favorate bike . This simply is because she can now sit straight-up instead of having to lean over forward. She loves it. And I have to admit, I feeel the same, it's my favorate as well, ever .....!
RPM's, when she's on the back, 3K to 6 K . Of course my TuonoR is still a virgin with 500mls on her. But than again, I never challenged her pillion riding skills when I had my Jap bikes because I know for sure that she would never ride with me again if I would push my bikes to much!
For Pimmie .... zijn de temperaturen wat lager intussen in Zoetermeer?

LOL!:D
Yep, temperaturen zijn gelukkig weer een beetje gezakt, was geen pretje, 30 graden of hoger :(

My girlfriend likes the seating best on the Tuono as well. Can't reach the tank either (she's a 5'5) but doesn't mind using me for support:p

Ozrob
08-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Yeah

I double My daughter who is only eight and she really does not like it compared to the triumph sprint st that I also have . Tiarn really does not like the hump on the seat.

I am going to put a removable rack I am making on the back
which will make it a bit better for her as well as a Carbon exhaust
to be a lot cooler than the monstrosity that is on there now.

I can post some pics when I finish the rack if you like.
Rob
2003 Tuono
2002 Sv650s
2001 Sprint ST
1968 BSA Spitfire
1950 Thunderbird
1950 speed twin