PDA

View Full Version : Ho Hum as I sit waiting for an Aprilia Street Legel SM...but when??? WHEN???

Mille_Drew
05-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Hello, did not know if anyone had a solid date for a street legal US Spec Aprilia SM...

This SM bug is really getting to me and I want to buy something, but I really want an Aprilia...

Anyone have any release information??

clarkie49
05-17-2006, 11:36 PM
i think the question will be to define 'street legal' ;)

if you mean a bike that you can get on the street, soon, if you mean a fully homologated street legal bike, you may have to wait a little while longer :(

Matthew Roche
05-18-2006, 03:13 AM
THe SXV is more of a race developed machine. Very hard suspension which on a journey would not be too pleasant. It is a high revving performance engine and with thr maintenance hours for road use at 60 hours (race use 30 hours), you would not be long clocking up that time riding around on the open roads.
However, if you have endless funds...enjoy!

Mille_Drew
05-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I really want a street legal SM from the factory, and it looks like Suzuki is the only one out there right now. The problem I see with Suzuki's DRZ400SM is that it is underpowerd and comes with a smallish rear tire, 140/70-17...otherwise, people tell me that their DRZ400SM is actually a really fun bike to ride.

Might have to buy one of these to tide me over until Aprilia can get one on the street for us.

05-19-2006, 12:03 AM
There is also the Husky SMR510, it's street legal & it's dead reliable as long as you change to oil every 300-500 miles and make sure the valves stay in spec. Makes 60rwhp pretty easy too.