PDA

View Full Version : Pre-mix ratios

fast_tzr
05-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I did search, but couldn't find exactly what i was looking for really, so I thought I'd just make a new thread.
Due to my stupidity I may have to pre-mix for a while, so how much oil should I put in every fill up? Something I found said a ratio of 20:1 is fairly good, meaning for every 20 litres of petrol add a litre of oil correcto?

Davido
05-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Come on, what did you do? I wanna know now. :)

If you premix, you can scrap the oil tank am I right? :confused:

RS_Patrick
05-17-2006, 03:40 PM
20:1 on what??? i didnt even mix that on my dirtbikes!
35:1 is perfect for a really fast setup, normaly i would mix 40:1 because the engine doesnt get that stressed and hot and you get a risk of the sparkplug fauling up.

If you do choose to only use premix its best to remove and plug off the hole were the oilpumpdrive is or even better also remove the gears driving the oilpump inside the clutch cover.
If you leave the oilpump it will run dry with out lubrication and get damadged.

For road use i prefer to use the oilpump and add a little bit of premix to it, for track use i always remove the oilpump and the parts driving it inside the engine.
For my dirtbikes i mix 25:1, for my race bikes its 35:1.
:burnout:

fast_tzr
05-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Well being a twat I took the seat panels off, then when I put them back on, I put the seat back on without reconnecting the lock:bangwall: :bangwall:
So now the lock turns, but the wire doesnt pull the mechanism open. I have tried every single way to get into the seat compartment without the key, and it is literally impossible.
So consequently, I cant get to the oil tank, so I need to pre-mix.
So 25:1 is good for a completely stock setup?

RS_Patrick
05-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Re-read my post again...

Dirtbikes i mix 25:1 maximum, Roadtrack bikes i mix 35:1, normal street use bikes i mix 40:1
So i would mix 40:1 on your stock deristicted bike.

p.s. cant you make a hook out of some metal whire and get the cable that pulls the lock open?

fast_tzr
05-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Afraid not, there is nowhere to feed any wire in.

RS_Patrick
05-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Afraid not, there is nowhere to feed any wire in.

Undo and remove as much bodywork as posible and see if you can get to it than.

Davido
05-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Take the tail tidy (underseat bit) out and have a rummage.

My knowledge of TZR bodywork is a bit limited so I'm not sure how much help I could be.

fast_tzr
05-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I have tried everything, there is no way at all, the seat panels dont come off because there are 2 screws under the seat, the tank doesnt come off because the seat unit is bolted to it, the undertray is screwed in from the inside, it cannot be done.

RiejuR51
05-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I have tried everything, there is no way at all, the seat panels dont come off because there are 2 screws under the seat, the tank doesnt come off because the seat unit is bolted to it, the undertray is screwed in from the inside, it cannot be done.
break something then lol hammer? screwdriver?

fast_tzr
05-19-2006, 10:32 AM
break something then lol hammer? screwdriver?

Lol yer thats whats gonna happen eventally, I'll just snap the seat off, but until then I'll have to pre-mix it.

Tybersk8er
05-19-2006, 11:48 AM
If you do choose to only use premix its best to remove and plug off the hole were the oilpumpdrive is or even better also remove the gears driving the oilpump inside the clutch cover.
If you leave the oilpump it will run dry with out lubrication and get damadged.

I think that means you are going to have to get into the seat.... soon.

RS_Patrick
05-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah but i think his oiltank aint empty yet so mixing 40:1 while the pump is still working is not such a good idea also.
Dont know if you can take the fairings off but i think you should be able to get to the locking mechanism that way to if your lucky with a steel whire. atleast i think its a good bett you can hook the cable that puls the lock open, once you got that you just pull the cable and the lock pops open.

fast_tzr
05-19-2006, 01:44 PM
I think that means you are going to have to get into the seat.... soon.

No need to get in the seat to do what Patrick said, I'll just block it off at the oilpump itself. I only need to get under the seat to get to the tank. Yeah I'm only going to pre-mix once the oil tank runs out, the problem is I have no idea how much is left in there.....but there really is no way to get a wire under the seat.

Davido
05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
How much would a new lock mechanism cost? If you had a welder you could melt through the current lock and just put a new one in.

Or if you have no welder, leave it on a windowsil in direct Spanish sunlight. that should finish it off.

fast_tzr
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
The problem is its not the lock mechanism, thats fine, its just that when you turn the key in the lock it pulls a wire to pull the lock open, and I forgot to re connect it.....:bangwall:

Davido
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
But if you take out the mechanism, there will be a hole to hook the wire with.

fast_tzr
05-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah maybe, but the mechanism is on the left of the bike, and to pop the lock with a screwdriver, you need to be on the right.

RS_Patrick
05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Dude that whire, thats conected to the locking mechanism right? if you can get that whire you probably can pull it and pop the lock that way.