PDA

View Full Version : Anybody visited the Aprilia Factory in Italy?

Aspen
05-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone has visited the Aprilia factory in Italy and if they offer any tours? Especially now with the Piaggio merger, wondering if anything has changed logistically and if they still even have the same factory.

Any other advice while I'm visiting Italy will be greatful.

thanks.
P.S. no, I will not pick up parts for anyone. :p

hank
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
RRW had a write-up of a factory tour and it looked like a good tour. You may want to contact them for some info...

If Aprilia has stopped the tours, Ducati is always close by...:rolleyes:

joshts0
05-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Sweet! That is a great idea!

I'm going to be in Italy this summer for a couple of days and I plan on visiting Lamborghini and Ferrari...

I have to find out how to visit Aprilia

joshts0
05-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Hmm... now how do I arrange this?

MarcV
05-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Historically, Aprilia has not given "tours". The RRW and Speed coverage by Dave Despain was special for media. They gave the US dealers a tour in 03 and it was great! Nothing has changed for Aprilia. They still have their main offices in Noale and the assembly plant in Scorze. They are both very close to each other. You should try to contact them from the main aprilia.com website to see if they will give you a tour. At the time of the dealer trip in 03 they were constructing a historical display for the main offices and they had a store to purchase clothing. It was great! It was all of the leisure wear that wasn't ever brought to the states. I still have my shirt and pants that I bought during the visit. Even if they don't offer you a tour you should ask about the store and see when it is open. You could even make a little business out of it and pick up some extra's to bring back and re-sell here in the states.

If you have time you should try and go check out the Moto Guzzi factory as well. From what I hear they should still be giving tours, even if you just walk up, but I would try and contact them as well. They are located more in the north central part of Italy, in Mandello Del Lario near Lake Como. I haven't been but have heard that it's absolutely georgous there. Go to motoguzzi.it and click on the 'company' link in the upper right. It will give you their address, phone number, and a map.

If you are over in that area you should also check out Bergamo & Verona. Find a local tour guide to show you around. It's well worth it.

Enjoy your trip!!!! :cheers:

naimchase
05-17-2006, 01:50 AM
If you have time you should try and go check out the Moto Guzzi factory as well. From what I hear they should still be giving tours, even if you just walk up, but I would try and contact them as well. They are located more in the north central part of Italy, in Mandello Del Lario near Lake Como. I haven't been but have heard that it's absolutely georgous there. .........Enjoy your trip!!!! :cheers:
I have. It ABSOLUTELY is!!!!!

SkiN
05-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Especially now with the Piaggio merger, wondering if anything has changed logistically and if they still even have the same factory.

After the Aprilia acquisition made by Piaggio group, only the Aprilia's storehouse has moved to Piaggio's factory in Pontedera (Tuscany) until now. The rest of the factory, design, production etc.. has remained in Noale.

Matthew Roche
05-18-2006, 02:55 AM
Hi,

I was at the Aprilia factory in Noale and in the Racing headquarters in Scorze (approx. 6Km away).

I was around the side of the production plant as I was trying to buy an SXV directly from Aprilia due to lack of availability in Ireland. I could see the production line through a window in teh side but there is absolutely no access allowed.

On failure to get into the factory to speak to someone, I went to the racing headquarters where I was speaking to 2 Aprilia representatives. Aprilia were to say the least very unhelpful and dismissive.

There was an Aprilia dealership 100 yards down the road and I asked them to order me an SXVand I would have it shipped back to Ireland myself as I had made arrangements for this. I was told that they had no connection to the factory............funny that......as they were wheeling out about 30 125cc race bikes into an Aprilia truck from their shop.......HHHHMMMMM!!! Very Helpful ???) I think not.

Matt:bangwall:

FORZA
05-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Aprilia in Noale dont give tours, they plan to but not yet. I have been through a few times for training etc. and its interesting but not mind blowing.

The Guzzi factory is!!!

Awesome countryside, massive contradictions (old vs new) around the factory & the museum is really interesting to spend a couple of hours.
More nth/west though than central.

Dave.

Aspen
05-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. Since I have a busy schedule, I might just play it safe and try for the Moto Guzzi instead.

Anyone have any experiences with Ducatti factory?

If all else fails, maybe I'll get lucky and find a local store that just carries good memorabilia.

vsgofast
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm planning to do a similar trip next year...tour all the factories (Ferrari, Lambo, etc) plus Ducati has a track school at Mugello so I'm going to have a blast!

grumpyduck
05-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Found the village of Aprilia nothing to do with the Bikes tho'

http://www.grumpyduck.co.uk/rome%202006%20074.jpg