PDA

View Full Version : The deed is done! (Trigger pulled)

BigGlen
08-21-2003, 04:34 PM
I have a copy of the title IN MY HAND!

One 2003 Aprilia RSV Tuono, in magnet grey, IS MINE!

........quick get that insurance company on the phone.

I will pick it up in a couple of days.

:D :D :D :D :D

theImmoralist
08-21-2003, 04:37 PM
CONGRATS! You will love the bike. Magnet Grey is a good looking color too.

desmoface
08-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BigGlen
I have a copy of the title IN MY HAND!

One 2003 Aprilia RSV Tuono, in magnet grey, IS MINE!

........quick get that insurance company on the phone.

I will pick it up in a couple of days.

:D :D :D :D :D

Hey, congrats!! I gots a grey also..Get a loud pipe, fast..

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

Pimmie
08-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Congrats!!

I received mine saturday, did not regret it once!:D

scottywadly
08-22-2003, 04:47 PM
had my grey thunder 1 month, 1500 miles- yet still no Thunder! god i need a pipe!!

BigGlen
08-22-2003, 09:14 PM
I want to get a pipe. Preferably a 2 into 2.
Any suggestions. Not louder than neccessary.

theImmoralist
08-23-2003, 03:18 AM
I want to get a pipe. Preferably a 2 into 2.

Akrapovic (or Akrapovic/Aprilia), Arrow, and Tigcraft all make very nice 2-2 exhausts. The Akrapovic is probably the quietest, in fact on my bike it is not that much louder than stock, but has a much nicer, lower tone. The Tigcraft exhaust is very beautiful, though, and a bit cheaper too. The Arrow is nice if you like high mounts.

All good choices.

killemall
08-23-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by theImmoralist
Akrapovic (or Akrapovic/Aprilia), Arrow, and Tigcraft all make very nice 2-2 exhausts. The Akrapovic is probably the quietest, in fact on my bike it is not that much louder than stock, but has a much nicer, lower tone.

Any change of posting a picture of you bike ? I'm very curious about how these Akra's look like on a Tuono.

008man
08-23-2003, 11:21 PM
I just picked up my Tuono Racing last saterday. Since I had to refinance my house to get enough cash (along with selling my 01 FZ1 and 00 YZ426F), I decided to get all my goodies at once. I opted for the RSC SBK 2-in-2 Akrapovic system, as I thought the Race pipe that comes with the kit is just too loud. I am also told, by those who have the 2-in-1 Arrow/Aprilia system on their bikes, that it gets to ringing in your ears, even if you wear ear plugs. I think the Akro or the Arrow 2-in-2 systems are much better for street use. If you want a loud pipe, get a harley and join that crowd! (my2cents.)

BigGlen
08-24-2003, 08:45 AM
I pick up my Tuono this TUESDAY!
I purchased it from Long Island's Extreme MotorSports.
My Serial #..000182 in still in the crate and will be set up for Tuesday.
They will derestrict at set up.
I cant wait.:D

BigGlen
08-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Arent those Akro's like $1,900 bucks!

008man
08-25-2003, 08:53 PM
I paid $1,538.90 (before tax) for the RSC SBK Akrapovic 2-in-2 system. I negotiated a deal with my dealer for 10% over his cost on all parts when I bought the bike. The Headers are stainless, (which I would recomend for logivity sake) over the Titanium header version ($1,714.00). The titanium headers only save a little under 3 lbs over the Stainless, but will last much longer. Titanium when heated above 1000 degrees F, will become brittle (oxygen embritlement), and I know the header spigot area has to reach that and higher under hard use. The RSC Akrapovic systems come with a chip, something you don't get if you order an Akrapovic system that is not an RSC part. RSC is Aprilia's high performance parts arm, much like HRC is to Honda. I have heard that the ARRow chip for their 2-into-2 system will work with the Akrapovic 2-into -2.

VirtualBob
08-28-2003, 09:34 PM
Belated Congrats on the Tuono purchase. I guess the local deal worked out better than the one here in Chi town. You will love this bike

Later

VirtualBob

ApexMolester
08-28-2003, 10:01 PM
my full ti dual hi-mount system was $1500 and worth every dime

now, i'm waiting to see if my motor holds up after 100mm piston install:rolleyes:

BigGlen
08-29-2003, 09:20 AM
I picked up the Tuono Tuesday night. Yesterday (Thurs) I split work early and took my first daytime ride on the Tuono.

WAAAHOOOOOOO!

This f&@king bike ROCKS! I had a blast. Just useing half of the rev range and I was flying. Lots of fun and VERY comfortable.

I now have a fine Italian mistress named "April".

I need to bestow some gifts upon her imediately!

Cheers,
Glen

desmoface
08-29-2003, 09:26 AM
I picked up the Tuono Tuesday night. Yesterday (Thurs) I split work early and took my first daytime ride on the Tuono.

WAAAHOOOOOOO!

This f&@king bike ROCKS! I had a blast. Just useing half of the rev range and I was flying. Lots of fun and VERY comfortable.

I now have a fine Italian mistress named "April".

I need to bestow some gifts upon her imediately!

Cheers,
Glen

Good deal, congrats!!

Steve
03 tuono
01 ex2fity

KDub
08-29-2003, 10:59 PM
That's so funny. I used to wonder why people named their bike. When I got mine it took me a couple of days and then it's named "Torquemada".

BE PURE! BE VIGILANT! BEHAVE!