PDA

View Full Version : You can't use Motul 600 injector oil !

Duc995
08-21-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't know why...but it's true. I have found that the Torco injector oil that I have run for the last two years works, but when I ran out and switched to the Motul, I ended up paying $300 in service to discover that was the problem! It fouls the plug no matter what other changes you make to compensate.

For some reason the injection system can't handle this oil ( even though it works GREAT in my racing RS 250s).

Just wanted to help others avoid this pitfall!

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Odd, that is what we have in our shop scooter right now and it seems fine....I will take your advice and use the Motul 510 from now on though. Thanks for the post.

Duc995
08-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Micah...I know...it makes no sense, but the only thing that was done to my scooter that made it go from a misfiring piece of crap to a "normally" functioning Ditech was switching BACK to the original semi-synthetic TORCO injector oil that I had used up until recently. Right after I changed to the 600 Motul the scooter kept fouling plugs no matter what else you did...

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-23-2003, 09:56 AM
I definitely think it possible since the oil is designed to be mixed with fuel to make it work right and that is definitely not happening on the ditech.

Haribolman
04-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Duc995

For some reason the injection system can't handle this oil

Hey Bigbore, I sent you a PM...did you get it?

I want to find out if switching to Motul 510 solved your problem?

Thanks.

TiminIndy
04-30-2004, 12:01 AM
All the folks that had the problem with the milky shtuff clogging up their fuel injectors and air injectors had one thing in common: Motul 600. Apparently the oil coming through the air lines out of the crankcase and through the compressor forms an emulsification with moisture in the lines. Humidity and/or elevation may have something to do with it as well. The word is, use semi-synthetic to be safe. (See scootnfast's 'Sticky' thread on Ditech oil)

Haribolman
05-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Yup, it works!

I put about 800ml of Motul Scooter 2T (they didn't have any 510) into my bike and after a few hundred km's of riding I can say that my bike feels more "solid" when taking off from cold. I've got clean power, not the slight hesitation I previously had for the first few metres. The semi-synthetic oil has definitely removed the final lingering element of rough-running that I had.

When I think back to summer last year when I would start the bike and ride for a few minutes to the first intersection with traffic lights and I would curse if I had to stop because the bike wouldn't idle! I'd sit there keeping the revs up to keep it alive!

Since then I've changed the type of petrol I use (which made a huge difference) and I make sure the pump is always primed. And now I've changed the oil and the bike starts up and sits there purring away. And I can just open the throttle slightly and it will pull away without spluttering. This is how it always should have been.

So folks, if your bike is a bit tempermental, check the type of oil and petrol you're using. It might just be the problem!