PDA

View Full Version : Evo Airbox

teacherboy
05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
One of the members has an evo airbox for a 2000 Mille. Will this box fit an 03 Tuono? What can I expect from such a mod? Thanks for the advice, tips, etc.
What about evo wires? What are the benefits over stock? Thanks again.

Firebolter
05-02-2006, 12:41 AM
More flow/volume, but the Evo box requires a good seal. Make sure the ring is not old and damaged. The Evo box is basically a stock box bottom with a seal around the edge to get rid of the top of the stock airbox. It seals the bottom to the tank for more volume and increased flow.

By wires, I assume you mean plug wires? If so, in reality, not much.

teacherboy
05-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks Firebolter. Would a better filter in a stock box do the same? I'm not a racer, I just play one in my mind.
More flow/volume, but the Evo box requires a good seal. Make sure the ring is not old and damaged. The Evo box is basically a stock box bottom with a seal around the edge to get rid of the top of the stock airbox. It seals the bottom to the tank for more volume and increased flow.

By wires, I assume you mean plug wires? If so, in reality, not much.

hairy
05-03-2006, 11:24 AM
One of the members has an evo airbox for a 2000 Mille. Will this box fit an 03 Tuono? What can I expect from such a mod? Thanks for the advice, tips, etc.
What about evo wires? What are the benefits over stock? Thanks again.
not sure if it will fit of not ,but if u do fit it expect to lose about 10/20 miles to the tankfull of petrol